theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Panic, no esta and at Gatwick (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1142549)

Megandllsmum 22 Aug 19 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachy (Post 14029564)
So basically I reapplied for an esta in July. But before it processed or we made payment I decided to check my old application. Saw it was in date. Didn’t pay for a new one. This has then cancelled everything out the old application even though I hadn’t paid or resubmitted a new one. So we are at fault at seems and have to pay for new flight tickets tomorrow x

Oh no, fingers crossed its still rushed through though and you fly on next available plane, I dread to think how expensive the tickets will be but worry about the credit card later x

Bats 22 Aug 19 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachy (Post 14029581)
No so I typed in my details and it said application not found. But then found old emails. So basically once you start filling out the esta with your passport number etc it cancels out old application. Like I said I didn’t pay for it. Because that’s when I decided to check and saw it was in date x

I can't believe that's true Rachy - how can starting a process cancel anything else out? Keep pushing. I'm off to look at the ESTA website for you and I'll check

KateD 22 Aug 19 10:39 AM

Oh my what a horrible experience. Hope you get sorted ASAP

Rachy 22 Aug 19 10:39 AM

I don’t get how it can resubmit through when you haven’t made payment. It doesn’t make sense.

kerrie1781 22 Aug 19 10:41 AM

Ok so this happened to my Mum in June. She didn’t realise that new passport equals new ESTA (goes USA twice a year so don’t ask how she didn’t know) - keep refreshing, hers took 3 hours and they still made the flight, they were so helpful at the airport and as they left to come home thinking it wouldn’t approve, there was a mad rush to get back and they took them through on a mini car thing. I’m crossing everything for you! Keep refreshing! X

Bats 22 Aug 19 10:41 AM

From ESTA website:
Q: When I try to apply for ESTA, I get a message that another application already exists.

A:If you are receiving an Error Message that says "There is already an application with that passport number in the system" it is because you have applied previously and have a valid application with more than 30 days validity. If any biographic information is not correct on the existing application, the application is not valid and you must click "continue" to proceed with the new application.

Did you get that message do you remember?

Megandllsmum 22 Aug 19 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bats (Post 14029587)
I can't believe that's true Rachy - how can starting a process cancel anything else out? Keep pushing. I'm off to look at the ESTA website for you and I'll check

Fingers crossed you discover something that might save them having to pay for new flights

Bats 22 Aug 19 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachy (Post 14029589)
I don’t get how it can resubmit through when you haven’t made payment. It doesn’t make sense.

I can't find anything on the ESTA website that tells me that what you've done would cancel out a previous one, unless you went all the way through the process and just didn't do the payment bit? So if you came out of it half way through, you'd be fine I guess, but if you completed it but didn't pay, you may not be.

thatdavieguy 22 Aug 19 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum (Post 14029600)
Fingers crossed you discover something that might save them having to pay for new flights

at this stage it's not looking likely as per the post on page 12 where they've explained what happened and are no longer admitting it's Norwegians fault.

IBEX23 22 Aug 19 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachy (Post 14029589)

Apparently, the website is supposed to alert you prior to you filling in a new form? Can you remember it doing this?

You then have to click to proceed, but it doesn’t say anywhere that in clicking to continue you cancel your ESTA :(