theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   General spending budget- what do you spend (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1127936)

Hombody1976 9 May 19 01:25 PM

General spending budget- what do you spend

So assuming all flights, accommodation, dining and park tickets are paid for, realistically how much spending money do you really need? What do you guys take? We're mum,dad and 10yr old boy. I know there 'll be small souvenirs but have you come across unexpected expenses?

Scotts2a 9 May 19 01:34 PM

Even on a dining plan need money in case of a meal out etc. Depends on your eating habits, not much, loads etc and style, steak, salad etc. With regards to souvenirs, you never know really. We've budgeted $750 before and kept to it, also spent over $2000 last time.

landandword17 9 May 19 01:34 PM

With all dining paid for Iíd budget $500 each. Make sure you have good travel insurance and you wonít have any unexpected expenses.

Scotts2a 9 May 19 01:35 PM

Also have a credit card for medical expenses always better to be prepared and then claim of insurance. Just in case of emergencies

ASCollins 9 May 19 01:38 PM

It depends entirely what you plan to do!
I personally restock my whole wardrobe everytime I go (every 4-5 years) as I love a Levi's and Converse outlet store. This is obviously a big outlay but I've barely spent money on clothes since my last visit.
In terms of unexpected expenses I try to sit down and go through my daily plan to think about souvenirs, gifts and most importantly when and where I should tip (check the giant tipping thread) to come up with a rough calculation. I take cash for tipping plus a little for OOP drinks and stuff. The rest I put on a credit card (that doesn't charge for international spending!) which allows me to monitor my spend but could also allow me to cover a larger unexpected item if needed. When we get back, all our holiday savings money goes to paying off the credit card and any of those big expenses can be paid off over the next month(s).

ClaireNJ 9 May 19 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hombody1976 (Post 13833568)
So assuming all flights, accommodation, dining and park tickets are paid for, realistically how much spending money do you really need? What do you guys take? We're mum,dad and 10yr old boy. I know there 'll be small souvenirs but have you come across unexpected expenses?

For myself & Hubbie saying offsite, we usually take around $3000 for a 2 week holiday, this is allowing $100-130 for food every day,( depending if Ciciís or Cheesecake Factory ) couple of trips to Walmart;) treats in the parks, parking for about 6 days, always have loads left, which I then keep for next holiday or if I have few days left start buying clothes etc with it, usually all our shopping trips to the outlets goes on credit card & we now have Halifax Clarity so no charges abroad :d:

loves2plan 9 May 19 01:45 PM

We're a family of 4 with 2 weeks at CBR on the QSDP (so no tips), and we're taking $750 which is plenty for us. That will cover souvenirs, Uber/Ltft to/from Universal, food at Universal (we have a 1 night stay), The Void at DS plus any TS meals we may decide to have. We don't go clothes/shoe shopping at all. The most we've ever taken is $1000 and brought some of that home. We have a Halifax Clarity card for emergencies too.

itsmeGAV 9 May 19 01:48 PM

We took $2000 for both myself and my partner in March for 14 days so had around $140 a day for both of us.

We stayed off site so no dining plan and that covered us for lunch in the parks (Disney&Universal) and dinner out every night, we're not huge breakfast eaters but did eat at iHOP once and Denny's once but had cereal etc at our villa if we were hungry in the morning.

We did a shop at target when we first arrived for around $60, got the essentials plus extra junk food for the two weeks which lasted us.

We filled a suitcase with gifts for us and family/friends, and we still had around $100 on top of our daily on our last day so we just went to walmart and brought lots of sweets & chocolates to fill up any space we had left.. :D

We could have spent a lot more money though... especially me as I have an obsession with branded t-shirts.

It all depends on what you want to buy (like above.. re-stock of wardrobe) but I'd say around $1000-$1500 (possibly even more) would be a good amount in your case as you've got the dining plan! :)