theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disneyland Paris Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Which Character Dining? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1128248)

Vikki2916 11 May 19 05:34 PM

Which Character Dining?

We are staying off site and would like to do a character dining so that the kids can meet all the ‘main characters’.
Where would people suggest? Inventions or Plaza Gardens?
I thought Plaza Gardens only did breakfast, but I can only book from midday onwards, so maybe that’s not the case 🤷🏼

bernard301 11 May 19 05:46 PM

We've decided to go all out and the do the Inventions Sunday Brunch, it'll be on a non park day for us

Guest 11 May 19 06:11 PM

Plaza Gardens only has characters at breakfast. You can’t book the character breakfast at 60 days ahead in the same way you can for all the other restaurants.

If you pay in full up front you can add it to your hotel booking and secure a reservation. Otherwise it’s a case of booking it 3 days ahead on the phone or in resort whilst you are there.

Vikki2916 11 May 19 06:55 PM

Did you telephone to book the brunch? If I book online I can only book from 6pm onwards.

bernard301 11 May 19 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikki2916 (Post 13838209)
Did you telephone to book the brunch? If I book online I can only book from 6pm onwards.

We aren’t going until Feb, but we will have to

Elodie 11 May 19 10:00 PM

If price is important, then Plaza Gardens breakfast is a great budget way to meet lots of the main characters.

If money isn’t so important, my vote would be Inventions. We enjoyed both, but Inventions was much more relaxed. The tables were better spaced, much more choice of food, the characters spent longer at each table and often interacted with each other and guests while moving between tables. The characters all came back to us more than once, and it felt like they had much more freedom to do their own thing than at PG.

Vikki2916 12 May 19 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elodie (Post 13838505)
If price is important, then Plaza Gardens breakfast is a great budget way to meet lots of the main characters.

If money isn’t so important, my vote would be Inventions. We enjoyed both, but Inventions was much more relaxed. The tables were better spaced, much more choice of food, the characters spent longer at each table and often interacted with each other and guests while moving between tables. The characters all came back to us more than once, and it felt like they had much more freedom to do their own thing than at PG.

Thank you, that’s great. I think that’s made the decision for us!

dav220588 12 May 19 10:30 AM

Just be mindful that Inventions brunch is also about 3 times the price of the Plaza Gardens breakfast (99 Euros vs. 35 Euros per person). Also while Inventions is relaxed be prepared to be there for around 3 hours to see all the characters, which has happened to me on multiple occasions.

kenville 13 May 19 01:10 PM

Does anyone know if Inventions and/or ADC offer different character experiences based on when you dine, i.e. afternoon or evening? Or is it generally consistent in terms of number of characters?

dav220588 14 May 19 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenville (Post 13841359)
Does anyone know if Inventions and/or ADC offer different character experiences based on when you dine, i.e. afternoon or evening? Or is it generally consistent in terms of number of characters?

ADC is same at all times of the day. Inventions lunch/dinner has same number of characters, brunch at Inventions will tend to have more.