theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disneyland Paris Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Footwear? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=579445)

Lee2112 6 Feb 12 10:18 AM

Footwear?

Hi all! Can I ask what kind of footwear you'd tend to wear in DLP? I would normally tend towards crocs but since I'm sure there'll be moisture of some kind that might be a bad idea, what do you bring? I'll be buying something soon, hopefully :) Thanks!

stitcher3000 6 Feb 12 10:51 AM

In bad weather I wear fit flop boots or trainers, very comfy.

sammykitten 6 Feb 12 11:02 AM

I have walking boots that only ever come out of the wardrobe to go to DLP with me - they are a godsend! I'm going in June this time though, first time in 3 years we'll be there in early Summer, so I'll be looking out for some walking sandals to wear. Comfort comes before style every time for me for footwear at DLP ;).

Guest 6 Feb 12 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammykitten (Post 7049733)
I have walking boots that only ever come out of the wardrobe to go to DLP with me - they are a godsend! I'm going in June this time though, first time in 3 years we'll be there in early Summer, so I'll be looking out for some walking sandals to wear. Comfort comes before style every time for me for footwear at DLP ;).

I have walking shoes too!:grin:

I have a foot injury and find that my Nike air are great for lots of walking and they still allow your foot to breathe with the heat.

We'll be there 5-8 June - when you going? :)

sammykitten 6 Feb 12 01:05 PM

you're there just before us - we arrive on the 10th :). I have a dodgy right ankle and its a bit of a mare in the summer to be honest, can't wear flat flats, need support round my ankle and heel, but really like wearing mules and sandals.

Guest 6 Feb 12 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammykitten (Post 7050028)
you're there just before us - we arrive on the 10th :). I have a dodgy right ankle and its a bit of a mare in the summer to be honest, can't wear flat flats, need support round my ankle and heel, but really like wearing mules and sandals.

I've just had my right food injected with a steroid cause I have a shooting pain go thru my foot as it hits floor.:cry::cry: I'm like you love to wear sandals but unfortunately I'm better off wearing trainer/walking shoes as the sandals strap goes over the injured area and I need the support. I did buy some summer type leather shoes that lace up like trainers in the sale but my foot was too fragile last year to break them in! Hoping once my foot recovers from the steroid I may be able to break them in for June!

Lee2112 10 Feb 12 11:36 PM

Thanks everyone! I found what I hope will be a good mixture of my beloved (but not ideal for my feet) Converse and comfy crocs, I've ordered them in black
http://www.crocs.eu/crocs-hover-mid-...women-footwear

Guest 11 Feb 12 12:20 AM

I wore a cheap version of an Ugg boot last time i went! Never again! :omg: my feet were soo sore!
So ive invested in some Skecher boots! They are THE most comfortable Boots ive ever bought! They have a thick rubber sole, so feel quite spongy to walk on, and they are great ankle warmers for this weather!

usually you feel you need to "break" shoes in! But with these i didnt at all! Can walk miles without sore feet:):) (i think you might be able to tell i love these boots) :spin:

Lee2112 11 Feb 12 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs Pluto (Post 7062326)
I wore a cheap version of an Ugg boot last time i went! Never again! :omg: my feet were soo sore!
So ive invested in some Skecher boots! They are THE most comfortable Boots ive ever bought! They have a thick rubber sole, so feel quite spongy to walk on, and they are great ankle warmers for this weather!

usually you feel you need to "break" shoes in! But with these i didnt at all! Can walk miles without sore feet:):) (i think you might be able to tell i love these boots) :spin:

Ooh, I was actually going to go to the Sketchers shop tomorrow for a look, are they tone ups or shape ups or just normal ones? I must have a try on of a few pairs, I've had some very comfy Sketchers in the past!

Guest 11 Feb 12 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee2112 (Post 7062343)
Ooh, I was actually going to go to the Sketchers shop tomorrow for a look, are they tone ups or shape ups or just normal ones? I must have a try on of a few pairs, I've had some very comfy Sketchers in the past!

OOh you so should :grin: Mine are Tone Up's Ive just tried looking for mine online,but cant find them! They are suede ankle ones! So much room in them aswell. I didnt think they would be water proof... But with this snow its proved they are! Not a wet toe in site! :d:
I think ive wore these nearly every day since buying them:blush:

Sketchers are def the way forward :)