theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   UPDATED : Another bathroom thread... floor and wall colour advice (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1154802)

mskitty 15 Dec 19 01:47 PM

UPDATED : Another bathroom thread... floor and wall colour advice

So we have chosen the furniture and tiles for our hotly anticipated bathroom which are these

The furniture looks browner than it actually is on this photo and is much more grey in real life (but a warm grey)

We are having the tiles along two walls and the other two walls will be painted (albeit there will be a big mirror on the biggest of the two walls) but I don't have a clue what paint colour to go for. I really don't want the bathroom to end up being 50 shades of grey but I don't want a bold colour either.

And then there's the floor! I fancy having wood effect of some sort as I would like to have some wooden shelves on the wall and and few other wood accessories but I'm not sure if it will go. I have been thinking about driftwood style so it brings through some grey like this:

All dibbers help and ideas much appreciated!l as always

Guest 15 Dec 19 02:22 PM

I’d keep it simple with an ivory / cream.

EssexSue 15 Dec 19 02:43 PM

I love driftwood style flooring.

shona 15 Dec 19 02:50 PM

We have a similar scheme and our walls are almost white but have a tinge of grey. We have wood effect Lino like grey wood and it all looks good together.

EssexSue 15 Dec 19 03:01 PM

You could pick one of the shades out of the flooring for the paint.

skb 123 15 Dec 19 03:46 PM

Loving your choices and would love to have details of those tiles.

I'd be tempted to go with a lavender shade for the 2 walls, which would look nice with the greys. I'm thinking of Dulux's Dusted Fondant, Gentle Lavender or Lavender Quartz.

Don't forget to post photos when complete.

Bianca 15 Dec 19 03:50 PM

I'd go with that floor :grin: and white walls, especially if you're putting up wooden shelves.

Bolder floors are popular in bathrooms these days and simple white paint might make a nice, bright contrast to everything else and wouldn't compete. Also, it picks out the white in the flooring, the tiles and the basin.

Happy decorating!

mskitty 15 Dec 19 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skb 123 (Post 14205252)

I'd be tempted to go with a lavender shade for the 2 walls, which would look nice with the greys. I'm thinking of Dulux's Dusted Fondant, Gentle Lavender or Lavender Quartz.

I was thinking along those lines too.

mskitty 15 Dec 19 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skb 123 (Post 14205252)

Forgot to say the tiles are from Easy Bathrooms. They have been amazing with their before and after sales service.

mskitty 15 Dec 19 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bianca (Post 14205256)
I'd go with that floor :grin: and white walls, especially if you're putting up wooden shelves.

Bolder floors are popular in bathrooms these days and simple white paint might make a nice, bright contrast to everything else and wouldn't compete. Also, it picks out the white in the flooring, the tiles and the basin.

Happy decorating!

I do worry that white would be too harsh but I do get what you are saying. We would need to mist coat the new plaster anyway so maybe we could see what we think at that point and take it from there.