theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=172)
-   -   Day 7 West Coast again ;-) Ricks, Counts Kustoms, Town Square, Kiss Crazy Golf.. (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1014718)

daytonababe 2 Apr 17 01:37 AM

Day 7 West Coast again ;-) Ricks, Counts Kustoms, Town Square, Kiss Crazy Golf..

Awake at 8.30 and got ready our last full day in Vegas ..:cry: No matter how long we stay its never long enough.

Kids wanted McDonalds breakfast so we went off there again, Then had a visit to Walmart on Eastern Avenue, I bought some memory foam flip flops $9.99 , best $9.99 I spent all trip .. So comfy and my fit flops that I normally wear had given me horrendous blisters. Bought a few others bits like drinks and snacks and drove the the Laundromat we always use.

I'm sad :pgig: But I like coming here Carlos the manager is lovely, We used 2 big washers, 2 dryers and had the lot done in 90 mins, cost about $15 I think. Wish my washer held 45lb of washing. Whilst the washing was doing, Chloe and I walked over to the nearby prom dress shop, She loves looking in here and the owner remembered us from previous years, She gave Chloe a peek of all the new stuff, stuff which is on sale here for this years proms. I actually went there after we ordered Chloe's dress 2 years ago and her dress was 1/2 the price !
Had a lovely 20 mins or so and went back to the laudromat.

After we had done we drove to Ricks Restorations we are friends with Ally the daughter and had promised to go see her , and Chloe was desperate to see Bretlys little boy , He's 15 months now but Bretly is a single dad so takes him to work every day and they've built him a creche.. Perks of your parents owning the business. Had a lovely hour with Ally catching up and then drove to Counts Kustoms. Wasn't too busy for once so we had a look around and talked to a few people that worked there. Since we bought Chloe a car she's got into the modified car scene so both kids were happy here :-)

Left there and the kids were hungry, drove to Town Square and got some snacks and sat in the park area for a while, a very cute French Bulldog puppy came and made friends much to the kids delight.. Its such a lovely place to sit and watch the world go by.

I had bought the kids Game work vouchers from Groupon so we walked there and they had a good 90 mins playing various video and arcade games had a really lovely time.

As we came out we saw the VA jumbo flying over heading for Manchester with our friends from the Mirage on board :-)

Back to the hotel we unpacked the washing, got changed drove to In N Out burger as we only had time for a quick tea as it was already 8pm.

Drove to the Rio , and headed for the KISS crazy golf as we had another Groupon for here. We've done the KISS a few times when it was at the old location but its much better now, its bigger and more fun. Had a good time and were given a voucher each for a free game which we can use next year.
First time I've been in the Rio so we had a wander around, its actually much nicer than I thought but rubbish location if you don't have a car.
It was already midnight so drove down the strip and back to the hotel for our last sleep in Vegas:cry::cry:

Steps 14165/7.37km

daytonababe 2 Apr 17 01:43 AM

daytonababe 2 Apr 17 01:45 AM

emmabanana 2 Apr 17 09:38 PM

Great day, you managed to fit a lot in.

charly77 2 Apr 17 10:47 PM

Fab! We loved the Kiss Golf too!

daytonababe 3 Apr 17 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emmabanana (Post 12409178)
Great day, you managed to fit a lot in.

Thank you we did yes... We never seemed to stop in Vegas.

Quote:

Originally Posted by charly77 (Post 12409328)
Fab! We loved the Kiss Golf too!

Thank you .

nickyjw 3 Apr 17 11:02 PM

Looks like another great day for you guys, you managed to cover a lot!

daytonababe 3 Apr 17 11:04 PM

Thank you and we did :)... We needed about 3 weeks in Vegas I think...

Guest 3 Apr 17 11:32 PM

Ah horny Mike's van lol. Would love to see the Counts car stash.

daytonababe 3 Apr 17 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FairyNuff (Post 12412161)
Ah horny Mike's van lol. Would love to see the Counts car stash.

First time we went Mikes van was a right scrap heap.. Met him a couple of times he's really nice.

The Count has some fab cars and its all free... He's very elusive though.. I saw him once years ago driving off.. He stays well out the way.

Connor tells me we saw Ryan? this year (him that does all the art work on the cars)