theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Old Key West (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1149003)

pluto99 10 Oct 19 02:20 PM

Old Key West

seen this on disney website 2k ish for 1 bed villa for 5 nights with ddp are all the 1 bed villas the same or are there different ones for dvc to hotel guests? and whats the buses like for getting to the parks andalso whats it like for eating on the ddp also the queen sofa bed is it comfy lol
thanks if it all makes sense

Ridersmom 10 Oct 19 05:24 PM

I have found that all the rooms at Disney are very close to being the same although can be slightly different depending on location, refurbishments, etc.

We stayed in a 1 bedroom at OKW with 4 adults and an infant and it was very comfortable. I slept in the living room chair and was pleasantly surprised by the comfort. My DD took the sofa bed and I heard no complaints.

We always get a rental car but took the bus a few times and my son was sold on the busses. We never had a problem geting on to or from the parks.

sully301 10 Oct 19 07:04 PM

love the resort but hated using the buses. They were very unpredictable.

mason1 10 Oct 19 07:40 PM

Loved OKW this year. Stayed in a 1 bed and there was loads of space for the 4 of us. We found the buses great going from the resort, as you could check the time on the app and at the bus stops. However, coming back from the parks could be a bit hit and miss - the longest we waited coming back was 30 minutes. I just wish the app would tell you when the buses leave the parks!

first-timer 11 Oct 19 07:44 AM

I've been waiting for this resort to become available for my dates, and it appeared yesterday, but at a staggering £12,448! But on the US site they are showing at way cheaper and more choice. What's this about?

pluto99 11 Oct 19 09:12 AM

we got 2k for 1 bedroom villa at the start of august but cant make our mind up okw or yacht club

WendyWilson 13 Oct 19 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pluto99 (Post 14119461)
seen this on disney website 2k ish for 1 bed villa for 5 nights with ddp are all the 1 bed villas the same or are there different ones for dvc to hotel guests? and whats the buses like for getting to the parks andalso whats it like for eating on the ddp also the queen sofa bed is it comfy lol
thanks if it all makes sense

There’s a fab review on YouTube that’s 12 mins long if you just google 1 bed villa OKW. It’s very detailed and it’s a refurbed one too. We’ve booked a week for next July with free dining to tag on the end of an 8 night private villa stay. We stayed at OKW in August this year but in a studio - We loved it so much and wanted to book the same again but there’s no studio availability on the website anyway.

The buses are absolutely fine, plenty of bus stops dotted around the resort. You can check the times of the return buses from the parks on google maps (think that’s only on android phones tho - DH kept checking, it was fairly accurate to within a few minutes).

DisneyBB 17 Oct 19 08:18 AM

OKW is my favourite resort, I have a DVC membership there so think I am biased. It is the only resort that you can park your car outside your house. No parking charges either 😊 Availability has only just opened for owners so availability for others has to wait till owners have used their points else where. Not 100% sure how it works.

The buses are great but we always stay near the hospitality house for easier access to the shop, buses etc.

We used to always get a 1 bed but now find a studio better with the two beds, we didn’t like putting the sofa bed up.