theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General DVC Discussion (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   So close! (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1150003)

Noodlez 19 Oct 19 12:05 AM

So close!

It actually seems like years ago when I first came on here with so many questions about DVC. Well tomorrow is our first stay and I’m so excited! Unfortunately, I have to be up in about 4 hours and I’m not sleepy yet.

We may have bought where we wanted to stay, but this first trip is nowhere near as we’re going to Aulani. :)

Thanks again to everyone who helped me get to this point. You’ve been great.

2point 19 Oct 19 12:16 AM

woo hoo.

Enjoy every minute

Noodlez 19 Oct 19 12:20 AM

Thank you!

Talland 2016 20 Oct 19 08:35 PM

Hi
Have a fantastic trip

YorkshireT 20 Oct 19 10:54 PM

Enjoy it, I’m hoping to make it there myself one day.

Noodlez 21 Oct 19 08:15 PM

If you can manage it I would highly recommend it! It’s so much more beautiful than I had imagined.

I’m quite surprised at the number of DVC freebies! So far we’ve had the Duffy luggage tag (for checking in), a baseball cap (for looking at a grand villa) and just now the free pastries and draw string back pack for the member celebration. I’m loving it!

Twentyyears 21 Oct 19 10:20 PM

Love that place, enjoy your first welcome home. Are you pinching yourself and saying this is what it all was for ?!
We hope to go back in 2021

Noodlez 22 Oct 19 02:22 AM

We really are! I think after all the warnings I wasn’t expecting it to feel so deluxe. I was really surprised with the little touches like the gorgeous dressing gowns. I didn’t think we’d get those kind of things with it being a timeshare.

Given the travel we were definitely not coming to Hawaii again. Now I can’t imagine not coming back! It might have to wait a few years though. The flights were a killer!

amy56 22 Oct 19 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noodlez (Post 14138395)
Given the travel we were definitely not coming to Hawaii again. Now I can’t imagine not coming back! It might have to wait a few years though. The flights were a killer!

We said the same - once in a lifetime as it’s too far. We were in Aulani in 2015 & have our flights booked for next August, just waiting in our 7 month booking window now! 😂

What room type/view have you got and how long are you there? Enjoy! 👍

Noodlez 23 Oct 19 07:01 AM

We’re currently in an ocean view studio for 5 nights then we change to an ocean view one bedroom for a couple of nights, just to experience it. We had booked pool view but someone on the other forum suggested this was a mistake so we changed a couple of weeks ago! We’re going on a cruise for a week then we’re back here for a couple of days. That’s a standard view studio, but we just needed somewhere to stay before our flight (and had spare points).

We’re now in the olelo lounge drinking DVC cocktails. :-D