theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Beyond the Parks (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Crossroads LBV- Does it still exist? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1143014)

tinytots 25 Aug 19 07:01 PM

Crossroads LBV- Does it still exist?

As the title suggests. Currently still in planning mode. We love the LBV area and are thinking after a stay at Disney we want to return to the Hyatt( been there a few times and love it) Someone on another forum mentioned the restaurants and shops etc.. in that area no longer exist? Is this true! Have they replaced with anything?
Very intrigued as it puts a whole different spin on our booking if those restaurants are no longer there
Thanks

ginger ninja 25 Aug 19 07:26 PM

They are still there but some will be closing in the future as a new exit for the I4 is going to go through the area. :(:(

tinytots 25 Aug 19 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ginger ninja (Post 14036059)
They are still there but some will be closing in the future as a new exit for the I4 is going to go through the area. :(:(

Such a shame. Its next summer we are going.

Shooby doo 25 Aug 19 07:31 PM

Sometime in the next 2-3 years, initial reports were it was all imminent but I contacted Johhnie Hideaways & they stated they would be there for at least 2 years. The plans basically cover from the knife at one end, down to Pirate's Cove & all the way to the off ramp. All remaining restaurants & hotels not on this plot are ok
SD:d:

grommitt 25 Aug 19 07:36 PM

i did do a bit of researce on this a couple of months ago and it looked like most of the current resteraunts will still be there for the next 12-18 months

lizzie145 25 Aug 19 08:01 PM

they are delayed then as it was supposed to be the end of this year

EatandPlay 28 Aug 19 06:09 PM

Thankfully Crossroads is safe for a while yet. Whew! Along with a lot of visitors, I'm sure the hotels along Hotel Plaza Blvd aren't too happy these restaurant options are vanishing eventually.

Steve Florida 5 Sep 19 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EatandPlay (Post 14041650)
Thankfully Crossroads is safe for a while yet. Whew! Along with a lot of visitors, I'm sure the hotels along Hotel Plaza Blvd aren't too happy these restaurant options are vanishing eventually.

How confident are you that this area won't be affected in 2020? Reason being is this is where we were considering for our accommodation but not so sure now.

butterflymags 7 Sep 19 08:59 PM

It says on Orlando Sentinal website that it's been delayed and will be open until August 2021. I can't access the site from the UK but read it on there when I was in Orlando a couple of weeks ago.

meggy 7 Sep 19 09:29 PM

I am quite relieved. I stay at a hotel in plaza boulevard and have no car, so really like walking up to crossroads for something to eat. :thumbs-up