theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Received tickets from virgin holidays for Jan trip? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1184428)

marktaylor84 1 Dec 20 06:56 AM

Received tickets from virgin holidays for Jan trip?

Hi, has anyone else been receiving ticket and flight confirmation for Jan? I am due to fly on 2nd Jan and last night my Virgin holidays documents became available. Also had text messages about flight changes (extend flight and additional 30 mins). We had assumes our holiday was cancelled, but does this mean it is back on?

gismo1554 1 Dec 20 08:23 AM

Some flights are flying to the US with Virgin so I wouldn't assume things are cancelled. I believe only mid December holidays have been officially cancelled

marktaylor84 1 Dec 20 10:17 AM

yeah I saw that, but then when I check if I can buy flights on my plane they are no longer selling tickets (it now routes via atlanta). According to the seat map my plane is half empty

Mo&Chris 1 Dec 20 11:18 AM

We received a schedule amendment last night - flying MAN-MCO, and like you, just extended half an hour.

Chris has been keeping an eye on when they've announced each round of cancellations, and we're assuming we'll hear this week if they're flying or not for 2nd Jan. Honestly, I'm pretty much resigned that we won't be going, just waiting on the official rubber stamp.

/Mo

silver_age 1 Dec 20 01:28 PM

I've booked a couple of flights for mid-April next year which I consider 50/50 at best. I'd be amazed if the Americans are letting us in as soon as January.

I think it's all going to come down to the vaccine now and how quickly we can get it rolled out.

dil2373 1 Dec 20 01:39 PM

According to the CDC cases (and unfortunately deaths) are still rising in the US, so I can't see them opening up to tourists anytime soon.

Mqt 1 Dec 20 01:46 PM

I’m due to fly out at the beginning of January and back the middle of Feb. I’m assuming it’s not happening. I also got the notification about the schedule change. I’ve also noticed that when I look at the status of my outbound flight, it now says ‘Status not available’ (previously said ‘on time’). My inbound flight still says ‘on time’. I think this is an indication that the January flights will be officially cancelled soon.

marktaylor84 1 Dec 20 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mqt (Post 14738038)
I’m due to fly out at the beginning of January and back the middle of Feb. I’m assuming it’s not happening. I also got the notification about the schedule change. I’ve also noticed that when I look at the status of my outbound flight, it now says ‘Status not available’ (previously said ‘on time’). My inbound flight still says ‘on time’. I think this is an indication that the January flights will be officially cancelled soon.

yeah mine says same, just was strange to actually get text messages and e-mails from them

prugone 1 Dec 20 06:22 PM

Virgin might want to fly you out there but whether Trump or Biden will let you off the plane is another matter!

silver_age 1 Dec 20 08:02 PM

Before I booked my flights at the weekend I had a question in with VA’s text response system seeking to clarify this. They’ve just responded to say that if they cancel the flight, then full refund, but “if you’re unable to travel due to travel restrictions in place and the flight is not cancelled, then our rebooking policy would apply.”

I think certainly in the case of direct flights to Orlando, which must be 100% holiday traffic, they would have to be particularly bloody minded to run a flight empty just to keep customers locked into their booking system. I could understand how flights to New York and maybe Miami at a stretch could have an element of customers who are entitled to travel for business reasons so the flight could run, but not those to Orlando. I’ve put this point back to them. I don’t know if it will be another 3 days before they reply.