theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Thinking of a Summer house (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1197551)

Lesley Cassidy 20 Jun 21 09:22 AM

Thinking of a Summer house

Thinking of getting a Summer house with some of my redundancy pay.
Would like to know if you have one do you use it all year and what does it look like thank you :)

Sew109 20 Jun 21 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lesley Cassidy (Post 15016216)
Thinking of getting a Summer house with some of my redundancy pay.
Would like to know if you have one do you use it all year and what does it look like thank you :)

We were building a summer house office in our garden between planning and purchase we decided my mum needed to live with us and changed it to an annex.

However in our planning we had decided to go with Johnson’s garden buildings as we hAve friends that have used them, we also decided to pay for decent insulation and power installed on its own breaker board. The reason for this was that it just made it more usable all year.

princess allie 20 Jun 21 11:15 AM

We have this barbecue house and we can use it all year. If you light the fire for heat in winter, it can get too hot, so we also have an electric panel heater in there to warm it up when we don’t want to use the fire. Ours has no insulation but the walls are about 6 inches thick. It’s been lovely to have somewhere to go in the evening during this past year or so.

Mexy02 20 Jun 21 03:52 PM

I cannot recommend tuin enough . We are still landscaping but Ours is all year use , double glazed and Huge 6m x 3m . No builders just us and we are no builders .

We stuck with an electric log burner as the building insurance was sky high to install a real log burner in it but it’s fully insulated floor and roof and 40mm thick logs .

legolass 20 Jun 21 04:05 PM

I can also recommend Tuin, we bought our one last year (although prices have almost doubled since then but I believe wood prices have gone up everywhere).

Really good communication and support during building. We did it all ourselves and we are chuffed with the result.

Cloverlady 20 Jun 21 04:06 PM

We had a traditional (as opposed to double glazed/plastered etc) summerhouse built in spring.

We use it a lot!

Here are a couple of photos taken from the thread I made about it at the time, pictures are from when first built, it has now got a lot of lush greenery around it, the trees off the raised deck are in full leaf and it has all settled into the garden well :)

Mexy02 20 Jun 21 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloverlady (Post 15016721)
We had a traditional (as opposed to double glazed/plastered etc) summerhouse built in spring.

We use it a lot!

Here are a couple of photos taken from the thread I made about it at the time, pictures are from when first built, it has now got a lot of lush greenery around it, the trees off the raised deck are in full leaf and it has all settled into the garden well :)

Beautiful , I have that anchor in ours 😍😍 and a bar and office 😉

Cloverlady 20 Jun 21 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mexy02 (Post 15016770)
Beautiful , I have that anchor in ours 😍😍 and a bar and office 😉

Thank you! :grin:

And that anchor was so cute I just had to have it! :pgig:

WIGGYSMUM 20 Jun 21 05:53 PM

Not a summer house but we have bought our gazebo from Tuin this year. Very helpful and delivery service was excellent

Mexy02 20 Jun 21 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legolass (Post 15016719)
I can also recommend Tuin, we bought our one last year (although prices have almost doubled since then but I believe wood prices have gone up everywhere).

Really good communication and support during building. We did it all ourselves and we are chuffed with the result.

I’ve just checked the price of ours now 😱😱 I cannot believe it’s doubled in less than 6 months . Crazy and glad we ordered when we did.