theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Why is 2022 so expensive? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1198392)

i_am_armo 30 Jun 21 06:08 PM

Why is 2022 so expensive?

Any help for booking 2 weeks in June 2022 would be appreciated. All of our normal booking shortcuts aren't working and I cant get 2 weeks at a reasonable price without selling a kidney.

Has the price just jumped that much ? :cry:

Moorlandman 30 Jun 21 06:11 PM

If I was looking at June 2022 and paying cash ( not avios or miles) then I would leave it until Christmas before booking.

Currently prices are very high for flights and car hire and I would expect them to fall especially outside of school holidays

cornishfrogboy 30 Jun 21 06:26 PM

All those who didn’t travel in 2020 have mostly still got the money allocated to their vacation(s) ..or credit notes.

All those looking at a washout for 2021 will still have that allocated money or credit notes from airlines.

Now we get to 2022.

All of those airlines and companies who saved their skins by giving out credit notes through bullying and/or rather than complying with the law are acutely aware of the ‘use by dates’.
They will be determined to devalue them as much as they possibly can by ramping up prices in the surefire knowledge that as long as those customers break even or better, they will be desperate to spend them.

Surely nobody thought that these companies would act honourably did they? They have morals lower than a Pythons testicles.

Prices were always going to be very, very high with pent up demand, held back disposable income and unscrupulous companies trying to write off or devalue credit notes, that people took.

Me next year?

I ignored anything direct into and out of Orlando or even Florida next Easter School Hols. I got LHR- Toronto (for City and also Niagara Falls), Buffalo-MCO and Miami-LHR for a total of £610 pp including all baggage. Perhaps multi centre with a bit of Orlando is the way forward, visiting places that are not strictly touristy, but that you have always wanted to visit and then getting a regional into Orlando… NY? D.C.? Boston? Philly? Out of 15 nights, 12 are in Florida. It is our choice that only 7 are in Orlando and in any case, I could have flown home from MCO at much the same price, had I wanted to. There ain’t no Rodent involved either (there never is).

My 2020/2021 money will be a rebooking of what I have slated for August of this year, only next August in the event it is cancelled. LHR-SFO, Burbank-Tucson and Las Vegas-LHR. .. or similar .. or reversed.. or whatever is the best deal. SFO May become San Diego.. I am nothing if not flexible in planning! Again, I am avoiding tourist routes as it seems only those that are at silly prices that in any case I would never pay.

Hotels? The ones that I seek are at pretty much the prices I expect them to be. I got a 3 bedroom apartment at LBV Village resort and Spa for £150/night.

Cars? They seem high. I paid £390 through Andy for an SUV, RAV4 or similar, pick up in MCO, drop off at MIA, 11 days.

glenandem 30 Jun 21 06:26 PM

Probably because they all know most will be looking towards 2022/2023 now almost writing this year off.
We’re still hoping there’s a small chance we can go October this year but I’ve seen so many posts on various forums asking about 22-23, the hills we usually stay at plus our back up villa is fully booked all next year!

i_am_armo 30 Jun 21 07:34 PM

1 week in Disney AofA plus 7 nights in villa with all tickets im looking at 13k, we did 2 full weeks in AK last time and a few days in NYC for 6k with full dining plan.

I am literally amazed!

cartwheel 30 Jun 21 07:43 PM

IMHO glitches/bargains/ cheap flights will be highly unlikely next year. As others have said pent up demand and it being Disney's 50th year will mean there is no need to offer incentives sadly. I'm sure seasoned Dibbers will be exploring every avenue to find a workable solution but it will involve flexibility and ingenuity to make it happen!

LLamb 30 Jun 21 07:48 PM

We are doing universal only next year because I can’t justify the disney prices for a reduced experience. Plus we still have Universal Annual passes to use.

However I was surprised the prices were ok.
I’ve booked fights with Ba lhr-mco and 7 nts in a family suite at Cabana Bay for £2910 3a2c. Deposit only.
Cabana Bay is around £1-1.2k so effectively got the flights for circa £1800. Happy with that.

Hard rock for two nights is about the same I paid for our cancelled 2020 trip.

Booked a villa for the second week.
Car hire is stupid atm so will add that later.
This is for very end of May/first two weeks in June, first week being half term.

i_am_armo 30 Jun 21 07:52 PM

we are trying to book when our friends are going which is July and I think that the main issue US school hols.
I am going to re price for August I reckon it will be cheaper

Jenksy74 30 Jun 21 08:22 PM

My local travel agent who I've used twice in 2013 and 2014 said the price I got next year in Apr/May flying from Edinburgh via Heathrow to Orlando with 2wks at Rosen Pointe he couldnt even buy at that price. BA customise your trip with luggage and 2wkd at Pointe for me and me 2 sons (10 and 12) was a little over 2k! 2wk Universal passes for 3 of us £760 and not doing Disney as they have priced themselves out the market and I've done it enough. We are going to get Discovery Cove Ultimate with dolphin swim in black friday sale cos we have never done their or Seaworld, Aquatica, Busch... Price for Universal AND DC ultimate still works out cheaper than Disney alone... Complete no brainer for me... All in, our whole holiday with all park tickets for 3 will be under £3500. I think I got a bargain.

T

Softy 30 Jun 21 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i_am_armo (Post 15033489)
1 week in Disney AofA plus 7 nights in villa with all tickets im looking at 13k, we did 2 full weeks in AK last time and a few days in NYC for 6k with full dining plan.

I am literally amazed!

How many are you booking for?

AOA is around £200/night in June/July 2022 and only slightly cheaper in August. If they’re quoting you for a suite then that’ll be part of the reason it’s expensive as they’re always crazy prices.

Flights should be around £500 max for June and more for our summer hols. The US summer hols make no difference to us with regards to flights and barely any difference with the hotel prices. No difference with the ticket prices.

When the flights are actually released, you’ll find more reasonable prices and it’ll be cheaper if you DIY.

The TAs are adding quite the markup for 2022 and 2023. Flight prices aren’t bad/much more than pre covid once they’re actually been released. Wait and you’ll save a fortune.