theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Weddings and Honeymoons (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   Where to begin?! Planning help (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1110504)

Guest 29 Dec 18 03:38 PM

Where to begin?! Planning help

Hi everyone,

I’m wondering if I can get some help about potentially planning a wedding in Orlando! Myself and the other half are in the situation that our venue supplier has gone into liquidation and left us without our deposit!
We are in the lucky situation that we already have a trip to Orlando planned for September 2019 and we’re starting to wonder if it might be a better (and cheaper!) plan to get married whilst we’re over there.

Having never thought about it before now these are our main questions
-what cost are we roughly looking at for around 20 people
-does anyone have any good venue ideas
-does anyone have any good planner suggestions or is it easy to plan yourself?
-what kind of insurance and any good suggestions for an insurer?

The main thing we are looking for is something relaxed and stress free and would love suggestions from those of you who have already taken the plunge or are planning to do so! 😊

Thanks everyone and sorry for all the questions!

redfox5 30 Dec 18 09:23 AM

I'm sorry to hear about your deposit! That really sucks! :(

I only booked through Disney so not sure how much help I can be. Our Escape wedding for 11 people cost roughly around $10,000, this was with the officiate, hair & make up, dress steamer, extra hour of photography, lunch & Dessert Party. Check out the Disney wedding website for starting prices.

Sea Breeze point was an amazing place to get married and so beautiful we didn't bother paying for any decorations.

Disney includes a wedding planner. Ours was amazing and she was even with us on the day. They don't sort out the officiate, hair & make up or the Dress steamers but they do give you suggestions. They were all really easy to sort out via email.

I used the following:

A Lovely Ceremony
Fairy Tale Hair & Make Up
Carolyn Allen's Bridals & Tuxedos (Dress steamers)

I didn't use insurance so I can't help with that.

Happy Planning!

rasmus 31 Dec 18 06:27 PM

We're getting married soon, we've planned it ourselves.
Can't help with cost for 20 as its just going to be us.
We're using
Reverend Kevin Knox
Photographer Randy Chapman (1 hour)
Hair and make up by beaute speciale
(All 3 of these are used a lot on the Dibb)

Getting married at Harry p Leu gardens

Think those 4 things were about $900 roughly

Guest 31 Dec 18 08:43 PM

thanks redfox5 and Rasmus!

Like i said any tips/ideas are really welcome. Think it will actually be more like 10-15 people. We've been looking at paradise cove which seems to be popular on these forums. any tips for the other things required would be awesome as well :)

any tips on how long before the date we should be getting things booked?

rasmus 31 Dec 18 09:39 PM

I was able to book leu gardens 1 year in advance, I made sure to email Kevin, Randy and the beauty people to make sure they were free that date

Dimple 1 Jan 19 12:12 AM

We got married in paradise cove in, sept 16, we used stay happy stay in love they came in much cheaper than other quotes and were so nice. I think i booked it in feb 16 buy my first choice of dates was already booked

jacimac 1 Jan 19 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimple (Post 13622894)
We got married in paradise cove in, sept 16, we used stay happy stay in love they came in much cheaper than other quotes and were so nice. I think i booked it in feb 16 buy my first choice of dates was already booked

Hi, slightly off topic but my daughter is getting married here in July, can I just ask did you have wedding celebration meal following the ceremony and if so where, we are struggling with plans at the moment:confused2

Dimple 3 Jan 19 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacimac (Post 13624134)
Hi, slightly off topic but my daughter is getting married here in July, can I just ask did you have wedding celebration meal following the ceremony and if so where, we are struggling with plans at the moment:confused2

Sorry just saw this now!

Struggled with this for so long, in the end we ordered food for collection from longhorn and brought it back to the villa, i really wasnt comfortable with the idea of eating in a restaurant in my dress and we were only a group of 7 so too small for catering really

Guest 3 Jan 19 09:09 PM

that is one of the questions we need to answer as well! I'm thinking i may get a 'tea' length style dress to wear for a meal so i still feel special just not 'poofy gown' special :P

rasmus 4 Jan 19 07:40 AM

Debenhams have some really nice dresses, decent prices too.