theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Is it etiquette to take your ears off? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1142444)

sotagals 21 Aug 19 01:17 PM

Is it etiquette to take your ears off?

Sat behind a woman at Beauty and the Beast show yesterday.

All I could see of the stage were her massive ears!

Luckily there was room to scootch along the bench but I wonder if she should have taken them off to be polite?

I'd post a photo but she might be a dibber!

Silvercat 21 Aug 19 01:20 PM

Well I can't speak for everyone, but I always take my ears off when we are in shows, as I know how downright annoying it can be to be stuck behind someone wearing them!

blusteryday 21 Aug 19 01:47 PM

Why not ask her to remove them? She probably didn't think about people sitting behind her.

vowels 21 Aug 19 01:47 PM

Oh yes!

You would not wear a hat in any other theatre.

Guest 21 Aug 19 01:50 PM

Yes I think they should,we once had a guy wearing a big Disney birthday top hat in front of us,a tap on the shoulder and he took it off,but he wasn't pleased and was looking daggers at us when we left the show.

Do5-BaG 21 Aug 19 01:50 PM

I'd say yes personally, if you didn't have space to move I'd have just gave her a gentle tap on the shoulder and told her the issue.

I've had similar with fathers putting their kid on their shoulders, I usually ask them to put the kid in their arms to stop blocking the view for people behind them.

I can tell you a funny story from a few years back, I was in the Magic Kingdom (Not my favorite park to start with) with my Family (Mam, Dad, Sis) and I got caught up in the crowds as the parade passed through, anyway I'd say I was stood about 5/6 rows deep in the crowd with not much room to do anything (6ft6 here) anyway I feel some sharp prodding in my side to which I turn around and there is a woman giving me attitude because I was tall and blocking her view, I just looked around and said "Where do you expect me to go, or should I just hack me legs off below the knees?" anyway this enraged her and she ended up hitting me in the face and giving me a speech about been disrespectful to others! anyways once my Mam noticed what was going on all hell broke loose and she swiftly put this woman in her place.

syber32 21 Aug 19 03:14 PM

Absolutely, I always remove Ears for shows, fireworks etc. Last night at the MNSSHP show, 2 women moved right in front of me with ears on one of the Dads then put the kid up on shoulders who also had ears on oh and then the family next to them had their balloon bobbing around in the air. Quite rude I feel

MinniMouse 21 Aug 19 03:41 PM

Yes! DH used to ask (nicely) for people to take their ears off, especially at Philharmagic because you can't see the proper effects. There's always someone sits infront of me with ears, tall hats, child on knee (had that in Edinburgh on Sunday). Pain in the backside. I won't move on to moving all the way over in the row ;)

DiszeeBelle 21 Aug 19 04:10 PM

You should but people don't. We always take our ears and hats off when inside.

RockTheDots 21 Aug 19 04:47 PM

I find that shows & rides provide a great excuse to remove my ears for a while and get some relief from when they start to pinch!