theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Anyone else waiting for an August flight cancellation? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1175809)

HFJohnson 1 Jul 20 09:30 AM

Anyone else waiting for an August flight cancellation?

We're due to fly with BA, Gatwick to MCO, on 21st August. I know there's nothing I can do but I'm starting to feel like the last person with a flight still going!

Anyone else?

nadya 1 Jul 20 09:36 AM

Our flights still going 20th August lgw to MCO at the moment,expecting cancellation soon though.

CRUELLA 1 Jul 20 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HFJohnson (Post 14557607)
We're due to fly with BA, Gatwick to MCO, on 21st August. I know there's nothing I can do but I'm starting to feel like the last person with a flight still going!

Anyone else?

Almost the same ! I cancelled the Disney hotel just waiting/hoping for the flight to be cancelled
We are 25/8 ba lgw to mco
I’m constantly checking now and driving myself mad I don’t really want to take a voucher .

Alba20 1 Jul 20 09:50 AM

Our flights are still scheduled to go BA LGW-MCO August 13th.

Our main accommodation is DVC so we may need to make a decision in the next few weeks. We do have a universal hotel booked on a refundable rate. Our tickets have already been extended until Dec 2021. Just playing the waiting game now!

iPotato 1 Jul 20 10:00 AM

Aer lingus 13th Aug man-dub-orl booked through ba

beeftinkler 1 Jul 20 10:21 AM

Our BA LGW-MCO still flying 7 Aug (morn). Will probably be un-able to go, but people thinking it's bad over there should realise that they re-opened a month before us; it will be just as bad here, too...

darsch1982 1 Jul 20 11:16 AM

We go in october and waiting for them to cancel i think they are also waiting on the government announcement before doing anything

Donaldfan 1 Jul 20 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beeftinkler (Post 14557691)
Our BA LGW-MCO still flying 7 Aug (morn). Will probably be un-able to go, but people thinking it's bad over there should realise that they re-opened a month before us; it will be just as bad here, too...

I go on American FB pages and a lot of them think it's an election hoax and it will be gone by November so refuse to take it seriously. At least that's not thought here.

pretty_lucky 1 Jul 20 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadya (Post 14557622)
Our flights still going 20th August lgw to MCO at the moment,expecting cancellation soon though.

Us too 😕

jones721 1 Jul 20 12:34 PM

If you go onto Google flights and enter non-stop and BA only, you can see a date view of when BA is flying planes to Orlando and Tampa. At the moment, Tampa flights are running on Sundays, Tuesdays and Fridays.

Our outbound and return flights are both Sunday :-(

I really don't know why they haven't just cancelled all the August flights - instead of leaving 3 days a week still operating - and am not convinced that ours will be cancelled. Booked premium economy which is why I am hesitant to take a voucher at this stage as I know I won't get chance to redeem it all :-(

Tracey