theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   European package holidays this year (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1189695)

vickitoria10 25 Feb 21 05:10 PM

European package holidays this year

I’m looking at Oct half term and feb half term next year as our school have released inset days which makes it more flexible/cheaper.

The only thing stopping me is I don’t want to have to jump through hoops etc with testing and have the hassle of having to get tests to fly home etc/quarantine etc.

I know no one knows what it’s going to be like but what were the main companies like this year... TUI/Jet2 for allowing customers to amend/transfer when the holidays were operating but there were restrictions? I don’t might booking if we’d have the option to amend if we just thought it was too many hoops to jump through but don’t want to be forced to go if we aren’t comfortable with restrictions.

Any experience that people had would be great 👍

anna68 25 Feb 21 10:16 PM

We’ve booked BA holiday package to Cyprus (same as last october) and a tui package to Zante in late July - expecting latter to need a negative test pre arrival

Guest 25 Feb 21 10:53 PM

Tui package were reasonable last year and have a current promise. you will need to check if it suits you. I have a flight only deal rolled over from last year. Not so helpful here tbh. But will wait and see.

My mum had two jet2 holidays cancelled last year (one while she was on it). They were fabulous in both I stances and she has recommended them to all and sundry since. 👍. I presume they will have some.similar guarantee or t&C's.

vickitoria10 26 Feb 21 12:54 AM

Thank you both. Both do seem to offer free amends up to a certain date. I think I might just wait and see what restrictions are nearer the time. Travelling in peak school holidays it’s the availability that worries me!

Jessie2012 26 Feb 21 08:14 AM

We’ve had two holidays booked with Jet2 during this period.They were amazing,one was a holiday to Gran Canaria that we moved from the May to October,which was cancelled.Our money was refunded within 10 days,and they communicated well with us the whole time.The second one was a holiday to Lanzarote in August,which we needed to change as we were unable to quarantine after.They were brilliant,one phone call and we changed the holiday to Italy!I would definitely recommend them for package holidays.

YorkshireT 26 Feb 21 08:37 AM

Jet 2 are the top, top company.
I’d go with them every time and wish they would fly to Florida.

novocastrian 26 Feb 21 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YorkshireT (Post 14856028)

this

we ve used them for city breaks and spain/canaries beach type trips

cant fault them great prices/service and always bang ontime

i drove past leeds/bradford airport yesterday, such a shame to see their fleet all lined up nowhere to go... hopefully fully back in the air soon

anna68 26 Feb 21 12:13 PM

Tui are outstanding- we have moved a holiday from may 2020 to aug 2020 to may 2021 now to aug 2021 all online

Blue nose 26 Feb 21 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YorkshireT (Post 14856028)

This.

My mum flew to Fuertventura last Feb but got diverted to Portugal due to sand storm.

Jet2 put everyone on their flight (including flight only) into accommodation at no cost including dinner, bed and breakfast.

Other airline customers slept at the airport.

vickitoria10 28 Feb 21 04:05 PM

This sounds fab for jet2. It’s good to hear they have been good with amends!