theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Rescue cat hopefully soon - pixie dust (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1176400)

hexagon 9 Jul 20 02:50 PM

Rescue cat hopefully soon - pixie dust

I had a home visit on Sunday and I’m just waiting for the cat charity to phone me and let me know.

I’m so excited, I have two cats I have my eye on. One is a tortoiseshell the other is a calico. They are 9 months and 7 months respectively. I have my fingers crossed that I’ll be able to have one of them.

I’ve been researching so much for the past 6 months and I’m finally in a position (now I’m in my own home, my dad wouldn’t allow a cat in his home) to have a wee kitty.

I think my doggy is excited too, there’s a cat that frequents my garden and he likes to Calmly follow it around, the cat doesn’t seem bothered. I take it as a good sign that he’s okay with cats. He seems to quite like them.

I’m going to have a cat only room, in the third bedroom, with a dog barrier on the door, that the cat can fit through. Yeah I know I’m making lots of plans without having confirmation but I’m excited lol

Could I maybe have a wee bit of pixie dust please.

Thanks

Rabel 9 Jul 20 02:51 PM

Pixie dust from me - I hope that everything goes well for you and that your home will soon be complete

Bartswife 9 Jul 20 03:07 PM

Pixie dust from me too. We went through home checks From the RSPCA when we had our cat a few years ago, we only had him 13 weeks when he got knocked down and killed, we went and chose two sister kittens who are thankfully still in one piece nine years on. I was worried they wouldn’t let us have them as the first cat had been with us a short time.

pumpkin mom 9 Jul 20 03:37 PM

For our home visit i cleaned the house top to bottom. Jet washed the drive and patio and tidied the garden. A lovely lady from cars protection came spent 5 mins asking where cat would sleep and left. My husbands face was a picture. Good luck I'm sure you will be absolutely fine.

hexagon 9 Jul 20 03:39 PM

Thanks guys, I keep hoping I’ll get a phone call each evening but not yet. They’re all volunteers so must be super busy with everyone wanting kittens. I want a slightly older cat, I told them 6 months to 4 years just so they are a bit more established as a cat.

hexagon 9 Jul 20 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumpkin mom (Post 14569962)
For our home visit i cleaned the house top to bottom. Jet washed the drive and patio and tidied the garden. A lovely lady from cars protection came spent 5 mins asking where cat would sleep and left. My husbands face was a picture. Good luck I'm sure you will be absolutely fine.

Thanks. I did a nice tidy up but nothing like yours. Though I had recently done those jobs as I only moved in a month ago.

Mine was via whatsapp, just a quick tour of each room downstairs and the garden.

hexagon 9 Jul 20 03:44 PM

Here’s the two cats I’m interested in. I wanted to share them even if I may not get one just cos they’re so cute.

Rabel 9 Jul 20 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hexagon (Post 14569973)

Here’s the two cats I’m interested in. I wanted to share them even if I may not get one just cos they’re so cute.

Beautiful little things. Thank you. I bet that they have great characters as well.

hexagon 9 Jul 20 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabel (Post 14569974)
Beautiful little things. Thank you. I bet that they have great characters as well.

Their both apparently full of curiosity and mischief and they both have experience of dogs and get on with them. All my fingers and toes are crossed lol.

tigger48 9 Jul 20 03:48 PM

OP best of luck and good on you for wanting to rehome a rescue cat. All 4 of ours are rescues and each has a story to tell. Once you get the go ahead I'm sure that in no time it will be like you’ve never been without your new furry friend! Remember the best cat you can buy your cat it another cat 😉 😆! Not all of ours get along all of the time, but at least it gives them a hobby, and its never dull. Give your newbie plenty of patience and space on arrival until their confidence builds. There are some great cat toys that you can buy to help build your relationship with your new cat. Best of luck, exciting times ahead.