theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Cheap/glitch school holiday flights 2021 (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1178768)

macadoo 19 Aug 20 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neilhd (Post 14618929)
A word of caution: Those of us with annual/bank-provided travel insurance - it may not provide cover (at least for cancellation) if a trip was booked whilst FCO advice is not to travel, even if that advice subsequently changes back again.

For that reason, I will not be booking flights to the US for next year until the advice has changed.

I’ve got an open ticket with virgin and won’t be re-booking until fco advice changes for this reason.

Hoping to get indirect for £563 each so I don’t have to pay any extra which should be doable, hopefully costs don’t increase too much next year.

Rac20 19 Aug 20 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missymouse (Post 14619180)
There are some amazing fly drive prices on BA at the moment for mid July to August.

I have just searched for LGW to MCO 18th July returning TPA to LGW 6th August with a large car it is coming in at £2828. Both flights are direct and the price is for 2 adults 3 children age 16,13 and 8. If you click on the link for the car the price actually comes down of you select the budget S range car.

Not sure if it’s the same all over the country but in my area schools break up a week later than this year so I imagine the dates I need (from the 24/7) will jump up.😖

missymouse 19 Aug 20 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rac20 (Post 14619216)
Not sure if it’s the same all over the country but in my area schools break up a week later than this year so I imagine the dates I need (from the 24/7) will jump up.😖

ours break up 21st but they usually have a couple of inset days on the last couple of days, so they may miss a day or two at the end of term. The eldest will have already left and the other two aren't in final years so I'm not concerned about that.

Rac20 19 Aug 20 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missymouse (Post 14619219)
ours break up 21st but they usually have a couple of inset days on the last couple of days, so they may miss a day or two at the end of term. The eldest will have already left and the other two aren't in final years so I'm not concerned about that.

My eldest will have finished his GCSEs (I hope) so he could technically go early but I think my boss might miss me as I work in a school.😂

missymouse 19 Aug 20 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rac20 (Post 14619224)
My eldest will have finished his GCSEs (I hope) so he could technically go early but I think my boss might miss me as I work in a school.😂

Yes I think they might! :pgig:

natanddaz 20 Aug 20 07:58 AM

Subscribing 😊

Elmhurst 5 20 Aug 20 10:57 AM

I post good flight prices as I come across them for 2021 July/August. So will post here for any interested parties.:tinkani:

merkat 20 Aug 20 12:37 PM

Im joining, slightly later as need flights September 11th - 25th 2021

parkgirl 20 Aug 20 12:54 PM

We are planning to go in July aug so looking for best prices.

disney babe 20 Aug 20 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merkat (Post 14619625)
Im joining, slightly later as need flights September 11th - 25th 2021

We all need great prices but this thread is specifically for school hols, feel free to stay n post but others may not for Sept so u could miss out, this happened last year n people complained that everytime they got a notification it was for other times, maybe u could start a separate thread for sept flights then u will get specific to your needs hope I havent offended you, thank you