theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Here now parks so busy (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=949440)

BirdsluvDisney 25 Apr 16 11:41 AM

Here now parks so busy

We arrived a couple of days ago and the parks have been so busy, I spoke with a CM and they told me that on Saturday AK was classed as a 9 and MK a 7 in terms of crowds when she said they are normally a 4,

We chose this time of year as we thought it would be quieter than normal but not so, Do you think it will start to get quieter or will the crowds just keep building now.

We are still having a wonderful time but would deffo look at a different time of year next time :)

Lisa_Lollipop 25 Apr 16 11:43 AM

Oh dear we arrive next week so sad to hear it is so busy. We have been the last two Mays which included Memorial weekend and found it to be totally manageable in terms of crowds. We decided on a week earlier than normal this time around to avoid the holiday weekend in hope it would be even quieter :confused2

WhereIBelong 25 Apr 16 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BirdsluvDisney (Post 11542062)
We arrived a couple of days ago and the parks have been so busy, I spoke with a CM and they told me that on Saturday AK was classed as a 9 and MK a 7 in terms of crowds when she said they are normally a 4,

We chose this time of year as we thought it would be quieter than normal but not so, Do you think it will start to get quieter or will the crowds just keep building now.

We are still having a wonderful time but would deffo look at a different time of year next time :)

Sat was EMH at AK so would be busy, but at MK wait times did not get above an hour for BTMRR in the middle of the day, so would not put that as a 7 - more a 5...

(We were there Tue after Easter and it got to about a 9... 2 hour for Peter Pan, 1 hour for IASW, over 90min for BTMRR most of the middle of the day - THAT was busy... but could have been worse...)

BirdsluvDisney 25 Apr 16 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong (Post 11542121)
Sat was EMH at AK so would be busy, but at MK wait times did not get above an hour for BTMRR in the middle of the day, so would not put that as a 7 - more a 5...

(We were there Tue after Easter and it got to about a 9... 2 hour for Peter Pan, 1 hour for IASW, over 90min for BTMRR most of the middle of the day - THAT was busy... but could have been worse...)

WE was in MK on Fri and when we walked down both BTMRR and SM where on 90 mins, I have been around this time before and never known it this busy, So thats why I asked the CM as I thought maybe a special event was on, I have been in the parks on a 4-5 and they have not been this busy we may have been spilt with low crowds, Maybe it was just weekend crowds :)

WhereIBelong 25 Apr 16 12:20 PM

Fri was EMH at MK - so would be busier

- but the "historic wait times" seem to suggest otherwise (average for the day a 5 fri, 5.5 sat)- guess you caught a blip... we found them accurate for Easter time - 8s and 9s.

BirdsluvDisney 25 Apr 16 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong (Post 11542176)
Fri was EMH at MK - so would be busier

- but the "historic wait times" seem to suggest otherwise (average for the day a 5 fri, 5.5 sat)- guess you caught a blip... we found them accurate for Easter time - 8s and 9s.

We have done Christmas,School holiday (several years ago) so new how busy it would be, Then when the children were older myself and DH could visit any time and always followed busy times of year guide, Going in Sept when most rides were walk on, Also this time of year with average crowds, We just could not believe how busy the parks were, Someone said to us while we was in a queue that there economy s so good and it is bringing in the crowds.

I would still prefer to be here than at work, Also now we no it is busy we are prepared, So if the crowds die down then its a bonus if not, The sun is shining, We are having a lovely time and the magic of Disney flowing:)

Avymoo 25 Apr 16 12:50 PM

We were in MK on Saturday - found it really busy. Was at animal kingdom yesterday afternoon and it wasn't too bad as we had fast passes for main rides but their standbys were 60 mins. After 5pm (park closes 6.30, most came down to 20-30mins. Could have done Everest again as was only a 10 min wait but our tummies weren't feeling up to it straight away 😂😂

disneyme 25 Apr 16 12:59 PM

as far as special events go: I've got friends competing at the World Cheerleading & Dance championships which is taking place in a few venues across Walt Disney World. A few thousand competitors and their families visiting the after competing might be pushing numbers up a bit?

That started on Friday and finishes today.

Megandllsmum 25 Apr 16 01:00 PM

We are here at the minute and finding it the complete opposite but we arnt doing the Disney parks so that could be making a big difference, first time we noticed how busy everywhere was, was yesterday when we went to Disney springs... That place was heaving! We have been to universal and IOA a few times busiest was Saturday but queues still low with exception of Harry Potter stuff. We've been to sea world and Busch gardens too and walked straight into the biggest rides. We noticed a difference last week once weekend had passed too and a lot of locals were back into work probably so hopefully you might notice a difference today and tomorrow?

amandajane10 25 Apr 16 01:00 PM

We are here and yes it's very busy. But Universal we find because it's more spread out not as bad.