theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   A Surprise return To The Beach Club. - Day 2 (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1107236)

MrsBC 15 Nov 18 08:06 PM

A Surprise return To The Beach Club. - Day 2

We got up at around 8am - this is early for us, we never seem to get that early morning thing that others do - and made a coffee which we had on the balcony with a bit of cake from the other night! We were heading to Animal Kingdom where we had a FP for the Safari to start the day. The bus came quickly and we were soon heading through Africa to Harambe for our Safari which was a good one - we saw lots of animals especially giraffes. By now we were ready for another coffee, so we headed to Kusafiri coffee shop for lattes and a huge cinnamon roll to share before we walked through Gorilla Falls (we love the animal encounters and spend ages wandering). Next we went into UP the bird show. We didn't like it at all, we used to enjoy the humour in the other show, but this was poor.
Flame Tree BBQ was our lunch choice today where we used a QS and 2 snack credits on a rib and chicken combo and 2 lots of fries.
After lunch we saw It's Tough to be a Bug and went round the Maharaja Jungle Trek before our Lion King FP which was amazing as ever! We headed down to Pandora stopping to watch entertainers and monkeys etc on the way and were soon in line for our Flights of Passage FP. DD had some problem with the 3D glasses - as we wear specs we have to put the 3D ones over the top and they sometimes slide down but it's still a fabulous ride. We went from there to Dinosaur and Primeval Whirl neither line was too long. After a look around a couple of shops we were ready to head back to the resort, DD wasn't feeling 100% so she went back for a rest and we went to Rainforest Cafe on the way out of the park. We had no ADR but were seated in less than 10 mins with my Landry card, RFC sometimes gets poor reviews but we always enjoy it.
When we got back DD was feeling better and had been to the BC Marketplace for food, so we had a lazy late evening. We realised housekeeping hadn't been (they didn't come on day 1 either), so I popped down to the desk to mention it - the room was tidy but I wanted to make sure we were on the housekeeping list as it was a DVC resort. They were very apologetic and gave us $100 off our room account, I was shocked as I only wanted a couple of coffee bags! 😊

app 15 Nov 18 08:34 PM

New Photo Added by MrsBC - 15 Nov 18 7:34 PM.

Floridaagogo 15 Nov 18 09:54 PM

Great photos especially the gorilla !

DisneyDaffodil 15 Nov 18 10:29 PM

Lovely pics of the animals. We must like eating at the same places, we ate at Flame Tree and ordered the same as you, except we had only one lot of fries for just two of us with the ribs and chicken combo

margyloveswdw 16 Nov 18 10:51 AM

Another great day and lots of lovely pictures!

3disneykids 16 Nov 18 11:17 AM

Looks like you are having a great time:)

MrsBC 16 Nov 18 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo (Post 13578404)
Great photos especially the gorilla !

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil (Post 13578474)
Lovely pics of the animals. We must like eating at the same places, we ate at Flame Tree and ordered the same as you, except we had only one lot of fries for just two of us with the ribs and chicken combo

We found that we were ordering a qs entree and 2 sides for 3 of us most of the time, which is why we ended up with lots of credits left :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw (Post 13578798)
Another great day and lots of lovely pictures!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3disneykids (Post 13578831)
Looks like you are having a great time:)

Thanks all, yes we had another fab holiday :)

Cinderella 16 Nov 18 09:13 PM

Great pictures 👍

caitlinsmummy 16 Nov 18 09:32 PM

Fab pictures I love the one of the gorilla, one of my favourite animals, lovely day ... have a feeling we may have stalked you a little in AK as Caitlin seen you in the queue for Kusafiri bakery :pgig: she said to me 'Mam isn't that the lady who seen us at the airport and yesterday (Be Our Guest)' :d: xx

Jake71 19 Feb 19 02:17 PM

Brilliant photos.