theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   Heading into the Sunset day 5 Animal Kingdom and Boma (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=765267)

MrsBC 17 Jan 14 06:28 PM

Heading into the Sunset day 5 Animal Kingdom and Boma

I've decided to finish my trippie on the Dibb Reporter, or it will never get done!

Weather today 88d with mixed sun and clouds.
After breakfast in the villa, we drove the few miles to the Animal Kingdom, parked in Dinosaur and headed into the park where we soon bagged FP for Everest, which I've never dared to go on! We went into Bugs Life with a 5 minute wait, followed by Dinosaur again a 5 minute queue. While Jack loves any type of roller coasters, he's wary of dark rides so I made a pact that if he ride Dinosaur, then I would go on Everest. He did it, but didn't like it and they were all soon heading onto Primeval Whirl while I looked in the shop, before we walked over to Everest ... I walked very slowly! On the way we had to cool off with ice creams, which were huge ones from the Anandapur Bus - about $4 each.
The rotters put me in the front car on Everest, and I was scared, but actually I'll do it again, although I can't remember much about it!
By now we were getting hungry, so made our way over to Flame Tree BBQ for lunch down in the gardens near the lake. It was packed - busier than I've ever seen it. We 3 got a turkey sandwich meal and 2 pulled pork meals with fries and drinks $42. The others had similar, and we all just ended up sharing. We didn't waste much!
After lunch we went through Africa and got a FP for Kali River on the way. We went on the safari and had a wander through Pangani Forest, although Jack was getting itchy feet to go back to the villa pool as it was hot, hot by now, so he was dragging his heels a bit. It was time for Kali and we had a great ride, all ending up soaked so we headed for the car and returned to the villa, via Winn Dixie at Formosa Gardens on the way. While we were there it poured down for about 15 minutes, luckily we missed it.
The pool time was a welcome relief and we all enjoyed a lazy hour before getting ready for dinner at Boma.
None of the family have seen AKL and we enjoyed showing them it - they were blown away by the theming, atmosphere and viewing point. We were having a drink at the bar when I looked the buzzer, it said EE, which I took to mean it had a fault, so I went to the desk to show the CM who turned it the other way so it said 33 - talk about feeling stupid!
We finally got in, taking our drinks with us and we had Paul as our server, he was great, everyone really enjoyed the meal - Jack particularly loved the dessert bar, and the men loved the steak and salmon. We have never had a poor experience at Boma. As we were treating them all, I gave Paul my debit card to pay - and it was declined! (It turned out later that it was because I hadn't told the bank we were going to be in the US, but this has never happened before and I've never informed them). Luckily Russ had his card with him so he paid - bit of a result really ;-). It was $268.85 for the 6 of us, including tip.
After the meal, we were ready for bed, so went straight home and were soon all sound asleep.
Another fabulous day!

app 17 Jan 14 06:31 PM

New Photo Added by MrsBC - 17 Jan 14 5:31 PM.

Fieryannie 21 Jan 14 10:18 PM

Sounds & looks like a fab day! :)

We really loved staying @ AKL

xxx

mrsbigbeak 30 Jan 14 11:57 PM

I love flame tree and I was very surprised dh came on Everest with me , he done it a few times after that and enjoyed it :)

Rumpleroo 16 Feb 14 07:50 PM

We love AK and AKL. Can't wait to do Boma.

Another great report, Thanks for sharing :spin:

Redrach1903 9 Mar 14 07:59 PM

That's better now your photos are big :)

Great day, love AK!

I laughed at the 33 thing ;)
x