theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   Heading into the Sunset Day 16 DTD, Celebration and Homeward bound (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=773815)

MrsBC 22 Feb 14 07:46 PM

Heading into the Sunset Day 16 DTD, Celebration and Homeward bound

Weather today - dry, mostly sunny mid 80s.

Here it is, 8am on the last morning and far too quickly it's our day to leave Sunset Villa, so after a breakfast of anything that's left, we had a mad hour and a half packing - sitting on cases, weighing them and repacking. We quickly tidied around and found steak and a full large tub of ice cream still in the freezer, so we left a note for the cleaning lady to take them.
In the excitement Helen managed to walk straight into the patio door, thinking it was open, luckily only damaging her pride. David, Jo and Jack had a last dip in the pool and we had a last look around, I had to be ordered off the patio so it could be locked and then we were ready to load the cars up and head off to DTD for check in.
As we went to the cars, Jack was getting very close to one of the big cranes that we'd seen walking around the estate, he was also counting squirrels as there are loads up in the trees.
Bye Sunset Lakes, it's been a pleasure!
We arrived for checking at 10.30 and there was a 10 min queue. As we weren't with VH, the cost was $10 each ( I think it's a bit of a rob, as we were still with VA) and David kindly gave me their money in coins - I could have killed him! We got the same seats as we had on the flight out, which we were happy with, and were soon deciding how to spend the day. Jack wanted to return to Disney Quest, and David was happy to do that. Jo wanted some last minute bits and bobs from the shops, so she would do a bit of peaceful shopping then join them for lunch at Planet Hollywood. We hoped to go to Celebration as we hadn't yet been and Helen wanted to go with us for her first trip there.
We all walked along to DTD marketplace with Jo first as Helen wanted a glass figure from Arribas. While we were in there we met Diana who had sold us our Bandleader Mickey figure earlier in the holiday, I think she heard tills ringing again when she saw us, as she came and advised us to buy a Mickey that costs $8500 if we ever see it, as only 100 were made. Right we'll do that then ;-).
We said goodbye to DTD and headed off to Celebration. It took a while finding a parking spot, as it seemed busier than usual. Once parked we had a look in the shops on Market Street, buying a couple of bits; then walked part of the way round the lake, finally going to Market Street Cafe for lunch. Russ had pulled pork bun and fries, Helen had soup with half a turkey sandwich and fries and I decided to be healthy and get a chicken salad. We all had cold drinks, and the bill was $43.92. The food was good, my salad was definitely not healthy - but it was nice, and the service was very friendly.
We then checked out the few other shops, and went along to Woof Gang Bakery to buy the dog some treats, so of course we had to visit Kilwins next door for an ice cream each. When we sat down outside, we found a new camera on the table. Luckily we saw the young couple walking away near the next block and Russ ran after them to give it back, they hadn't even missed it.
We walked our lunch and ice cream off by taking a walk along the river, looking for gators and wishing we owned one of the gorgeous houses - but of course we don't, so it was soon time to walk back and start the return journey to MCO to meet David and the others for our 7 pm flight.
We met up as arranged in the garage returning the cars and went through the queues and checks. David's and Helen's hand luggage were emptied and checked, which was a pain trying to get it all in again :-). We grabbed coffees and drinks from Starbucks to keep us going, and some cinnamon twists for breakfast on the plane, and as the flight was on time we were soon boarding and getting settled in. There was an empty row of 2 seats in front of us, and that was great for later in the flight as Jack laid there to sleep.
We enjoyed a couple of G and Ts, and the food was quite good. Russ had beef, and I had Butter Chicken, both with the little Gu cheesecakes. Virgin have improved the breakfast - no more horrible hot cheesey things, we had oat muffins, cereal bars, juice and coffee. The flight seemed to take forever, as I can never sleep, but we actually landed an hour early. Because we were early, we taxied and had to wait for stairs so we could get off the plane and onto a bus to the terminal. As we got through security we could see some policemen obviously waiting for someone. They then arrested a man who had been with his family on our flight, his family seemed very blasé about it and just carried on getting bags etc - it was quite surreal. We rang for the shuttle to the hotel which only took 5 mins, and once there we had a coffee while Russ and David sorted the cars out. David's car battery was flat, and he needed a jump start - luckily we were still getting into our car when he realised, and we set off for our 2.5 hour drive home - better than David's 3.5 hour, then a ferry ride! We had all had a fabulous time, and made done great family memories.
Home sweet home, till the next time ...

app 22 Feb 14 07:54 PM

New Photo Added by MrsBC - 22 Feb 14 6:54 PM.

Joshie1 9 Mar 14 09:07 PM

What a lovely way to spend your last day. DS is here on the couch beside me and was delighted to see pictures of "our" pool for June, so thank you for that :grin:

We've never been to Celebration I'm ashamed to say but again, is another thing on the list - even mroe so after seeing your lovely photos.

Thank you for a great read, enjoyed your trippie. :wavey:

Redrach1903 9 Mar 14 09:14 PM

Ahh so sad when its home time, great last day though. Love Market St Cafe! YUM! x

Enjoyed reading this tonight, thanks for sharing x

MrsBC 9 Mar 14 10:20 PM

Thanks for reading right through it both of you, and for the lovely comments:)