theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   V ROOM at North Terminal Gatwick (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1057125)

AP100 4 Dec 17 10:52 PM

V ROOM at North Terminal Gatwick

Any one got any feedback about V room at Gatwick North.

What is the hot food selection at breakfast and what is drinks and beer selection?

tinytots 4 Dec 17 10:59 PM

Following with interest. We are booked in next August

AP100 4 Dec 17 11:01 PM

Heard mixed reviews...so fingers crossed we both made right decision...

tinytots 4 Dec 17 11:10 PM

I’m sure it will be fine but would be good to hear reviews. Been in the old one at South terminal several times and enjoyed that. It’s just nice having an escape from the hustle and bustle of main terminal

AP100 4 Dec 17 11:13 PM

What sort of food did they have there?

Unexpectedpenny 5 Dec 17 10:15 AM

From what I remember it was normal full English stuff or sausage/bacon rolls. You could have anything on toast too. Bagels/pancakes too I think.
Loads of different soft drinks/fruit juices but I don’t drink alcohol so not sure on the beer situation!

We preferred the V room when it was in the south terminal but there is nothing wrong with the new one. It’s clean, foods nice etc so I’m not really sure why we didn’t like it! I’m sure you’ll enjoy it, it’s nice to know you have somewhere a bit more relaxing to go before your flight.

Guest 5 Dec 17 10:42 AM

As above it was the standard sausages , eggs, bacon ,toast. Then they had cereal, fruit ,yoghurt.
A hot drinks machine , a cold drinks a machine (which only had diet at the time bleurgh)
And popcorn which was stale and unflavoured . Can’t remember the beer selection but spirits were the basic ones but could upgrade if paying

Guest 5 Dec 17 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny (Post 12967972)
From what I remember it was normal full English stuff or sausage/bacon rolls. You could have anything on toast too. Bagels/pancakes too I think.
Loads of different soft drinks/fruit juices but I don’t drink alcohol so not sure on the beer situation!

We preferred the V room when it was in the south terminal but there is nothing wrong with the new one. It’s clean, foods nice etc so I’m not really sure why we didn’t like it! I’m sure you’ll enjoy it, it’s nice to know you have somewhere a bit more relaxing to go before your flight.

The new one feels abit too formal and squashed in I think

Unexpectedpenny 5 Dec 17 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PumpkinKitty (Post 12967989)
The new one feels abit too formal and squashed in I think

Yes now you've said that I think that’s why I didn’t like it as much.

Felinefigaro 7 Dec 17 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny (Post 12968027)
Yes now you've said that I think that’s why I didn’t like it as much.

We thought the same
We loved the vroom in the south & had been there many times but it felt a very different experience in the north.
Not sure we d use it next time.
Food selection seemed to be far smaller, cooked food did nt taste too good. Seemed like the sausages etc used were nt great quality.
We left disappointed 😔