theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disneyland Paris Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Annual pass advice (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1161954)

FLORIDAMUM3 20 Feb 20 04:40 PM

Annual pass advice

Hi looking for advice re the annual passes. On the website for purchasing these it states that 1 day tickets will be refunded up to 30 day from the purchase of annual passes. If I book a 4 day ticket for each of us and then upgrade to an annual pass would the cost of this also be refunded? Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere!

LufcDeb 21 Feb 20 11:05 AM

No they don't refund multi day tickets. It needs to be a 1 day ticket. You can buy the AP online, either a temporary pass which needs exchanging within 6 months. Or a fully activated pass, you'll need to upload a photo for that one

mrsbenny 21 Feb 20 07:41 PM

Hi,

Is it a 1 day 1 park ticket that they will upgrade? I’m thinking that might be easier than queuing to buy the tickets then queuing again to exchange the tickets in passport office. I assume you just take the ticket to passport office and pay to upgrade ticket there and then?

LufcDeb 22 Feb 20 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsbenny (Post 14298737)
Hi,

Is it a 1 day 1 park ticket that they will upgrade? I’m thinking that might be easier than queuing to buy the tickets then queuing again to exchange the tickets in passport office. I assume you just take the ticket to passport office and pay to upgrade ticket there and then?

Yes you can do that or you can always go to the Studios ticket booths 11 and 12 and buy the AP there. Don't forget to take your passport with you for ID

chipndalefan 24 Feb 20 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LufcDeb (Post 14299983)
Yes you can do that or you can always go to the Studios ticket booths 11 and 12 and buy the AP there. Don't forget to take your passport with you for ID

Jumping on this thread - I was just going to ask the same question as above but LufcDeb already answered it :)

I do have another question though - I understand you can get a 20% discount on annual passes for 5 or more people if they all live at the same address. Is this still valid?

My Parents, Sister and her 2 children all live at the same address so should be eligible for the discount, however the children have a different surname (their fathers) will this cause a problem? What proof of address is required?

LufcDeb 26 Feb 20 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chipndalefan (Post 14303460)
Jumping on this thread - I was just going to ask the same question as above but LufcDeb already answered it :)

I do have another question though - I understand you can get a 20% discount on annual passes for 5 or more people if they all live at the same address. Is this still valid?

My Parents, Sister and her 2 children all live at the same address so should be eligible for the discount, however the children have a different surname (their fathers) will this cause a problem? What proof of address is required?

Yes they still do the 20% family discount. The adults will need to prove they live at the same address. Take the children's birth certificates, these should be fine as it will show their mum's name on there.

colinandlex 9 Apr 20 07:02 PM

Sorry to also jump on the thread but we are looking to visit DLP in October for a week or so for the first time. Can we purchase the Discovery AP there and use it for the week as that seems cheaper than buying a 3 day ticket? Also what does it mean by "150 days per year except the second and third days following the production of the definitive annual pass" I'm confused

GjDisney 11 Apr 20 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colinandlex (Post 14389097)
Sorry to also jump on the thread but we are looking to visit DLP in October for a week or so for the first time. Can we purchase the Discovery AP there and use it for the week as that seems cheaper than buying a 3 day ticket? Also what does it mean by "150 days per year except the second and third days following the production of the definitive annual pass" I'm confused

This won’t work if you buy at Disney. You get to enter on the day of purchase However it automatically blacks out the next 2 days after first use.

It is possible to buy before you go and have the passes sent out and activated. When you do this they will be valid for all days of your trip - ensure you check other black out dates on the calendar so you are ok to enter the parks during your stay

colinandlex 11 Apr 20 06:50 PM

OK, I understand now. Thanks for the advice. I'll make sure to purchase a good week before we go.

GjDisney 11 Apr 20 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colinandlex (Post 14392819)
OK, I understand now. Thanks for the advice. I'll make sure to purchase a good week before we go.

I’d you are going down this route you need to do it at least a month in advance if not sooner.