theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Booked a cruise (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1177779)

Buzz n' Piglet 2 Aug 20 11:47 AM

Booked a cruise

Are we mental?

Booked an 11 night NCL Hawaii to Vancouver for end of April.

Not confident it will go ahead but only £100pp deposit and balance due in Feb so a better idea by then.

Will shift to deposit to another cruise if need be

dippiedawnie 2 Aug 20 11:58 AM

Will keep fingers crossed for you. I keep looking but until we have a sense of continued restrictions we are waiting. Gutted to not have one to look forward too 🙁

KarenG 2 Aug 20 12:32 PM

I have a lot of credit with NCL and haven’t yet used it to book a future sailing. I hope your optimism wins over my pessimism as I can’t see getting to Hawaii (plane cancellations due to consolidations, potential testing on arrival (what do you do if one of you is positive?!) being straightforward - quite aside from any future quarantine lockdowns. And then boarding a cruise to Canada which is carefully managing its borders. The combination of it being a cruise, and Hawaii, and Canada would make the various uncertainties too much for me to part with any money at this point. I would also not be certain about NCL’s liquidity if cruising can’t recover in the near term. I’ve mentally written off my credit with them for that reason - if I eventually get to use it, great.

Buzz n' Piglet 2 Aug 20 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarenG (Post 14598581)
I have a lot of credit with NCL and haven’t yet used it to book a future sailing. I hope your optimism wins over my pessimism as I can’t see getting to Hawaii (plane cancellations due to consolidations, potential testing on arrival (what do you do if one of you is positive?!) being straightforward - quite aside from any future quarantine lockdowns. And then boarding a cruise to Canada which is carefully managing its borders. The combination of it being a cruise, and Hawaii, and Canada would make the various uncertainties too much for me to part with any money at this point. I would also not be certain about NCL’s liquidity if cruising can’t recover in the near term. I’ve mentally written off my credit with them for that reason - if I eventually get to use it, great.

Yeah all that is under consideration.

Not wanting to sound crass but it's only £300. 6 months is a long time for things to change. Worth it to have something to look forward to for now. Have pretty much written off this years Disney trip

KarenG 2 Aug 20 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz n' Piglet (Post 14598623)
Yeah all that is under consideration.

Not wanting to sound crass but it's only £300. 6 months is a long time for things to change. Worth it to have something to look forward to for now. Have pretty much written off this years Disney trip

I hope you get to go! I’ve more or less written off USA travel until we know more about what is happening with COVID.

I understand the only £300 commitment but I suppose I was thinking you’d have to commit (probably) to flights to Honolulu and from Vancouver and those could be expensive and prone to cancellation and amendment, before your final payment date?

I really hope things are back to normal sooner than I fear :)

It’s the uncertainty I can’t stand. What if you don’t pass the COVID test? What if the Canada quarantine rules change when you are en route to Canada etc.

One of my friends husband lives / works in Texas and it took him three weeks to successfully get home due to cancelled flights, alleged high temperature before boarding the aircraft and so on - that brought it home to me for sure.

gismo1554 3 Aug 20 07:34 AM

So trust me you aren't as crazy as we are! We just used our CC to book a Christmas 2020 cruise in hope that things look better! I think it may be wishful thinking on our part but I'm holding out hope for now

Buzz n' Piglet 3 Aug 20 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarenG (Post 14599247)
I hope you get to go! I’ve more or less written off USA travel until we know more about what is happening with COVID.

I understand the only £300 commitment but I suppose I was thinking you’d have to commit (probably) to flights to Honolulu and from Vancouver and those could be expensive and prone to cancellation and amendment, before your final payment date?

I really hope things are back to normal sooner than I fear :)

It’s the uncertainty I can’t stand. What if you don’t pass the COVID test? What if the Canada quarantine rules change when you are en route to Canada etc.

One of my friends husband lives / works in Texas and it took him three weeks to successfully get home due to cancelled flights, alleged high temperature before boarding the aircraft and so on - that brought it home to me for sure.

We won't book flights until late in the day. Not giving airlines my cash at the moment.