theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General DVC Discussion (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Rental value being driven down (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1177781)

PoohBears#1fan 2 Aug 20 11:56 AM

Rental value being driven down

I had a few points left over from 2019 and have rented them via a rental board, I've noticed many requests on there though asking for distressed points (usually < 60 days before so no FPs, risk of loss etc.) with people looking to pay $10-12pp.

I know there are loads of excess points in the system but I certainly wouldn't be renting points out at the moment unless I stood to lose them.

munmun 2 Aug 20 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan (Post 14598525)
I had a few points left over from 2019 and have rented them via a rental board, I've noticed many requests on there though asking for distressed points (usually < 60 days before so no FPs, risk of loss etc.) with people looking to pay $10-12pp.

I know there are loads of excess points in the system but I certainly wouldn't be renting points out at the moment unless I stood to lose them.

That is interesting. I am someone who has rented points and will get no refund unless the points are rented by someone else. I would be happy for the points I rented to go cheaply simply to get something returned to me.

PoohBears#1fan 2 Aug 20 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munmun (Post 14598536)
That is interesting. I am someone who has rented points and will get no refund unless the points are rented by someone else. I would be happy for the points I rented to go cheaply simply to get something returned to me.

May be worth asking the owner to advertise your reservation?

munmun 2 Aug 20 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan (Post 14598548)
May be worth asking the owner to advertise your reservation?

We are in corresdondence and she is trying but I dont know with what agency or at what price.

I do understand that I made the contract and in the end this is my loss but anything would be better than nothing.

amy56 2 Aug 20 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munmun (Post 14598601)
We are in corresdondence and she is trying but I dont know with what agency or at what price.

I do understand that I made the contract and in the end this is my loss but anything would be better than nothing.

I’ve got a rental on with David’s and I’ve set a low price and also said I’d take a lower offer (these will be lost points by end of November) - the booking has been listed for weeks now and no signs of any interest.

I just don’t think people are looking to travel right now, and there are an excess of renters just like me trying to offload expiring points. Unless they’ve already booked, I can’t see new people choosing to make bookings for the foreseeable sadly.

PoohBears#1fan 2 Aug 20 01:03 PM

Locals are renting, but they’re expecting bargains.

I booked thanksgiving weekend @ BWV & advertised it as a confirmed booking, it was snapped up, I know I was lucky though but a local family have thanksgiving weekend at The Boardwalk for a bargain price.

TBH I’d only rent to a local at the moment anyway, too many travel restrictions in place.

2point 2 Aug 20 02:07 PM

I've just dropped my price on David's and put the bookings up on Facebook for the same price.

As they expire on 30th November 2020 we don't have much choice really.

We really really want to go and use these ourselves but the chances of that are diminishing every day by the look of it. We are due to fly October 30th.

I'm just about to cancel our annual passes I think, that's $600 back.

Helenr 2 Aug 20 02:43 PM

I rented 57 of my 2018 points for $11pp the other day

gavvy 2 Aug 20 04:21 PM

There are a lot of points either distressed or going to be and looking to be rented, I am in same situation, renting to a local seems a good idea, not sure where to start though..

PoohBears#1fan 2 Aug 20 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavvy (Post 14598821)
There are a lot of points either distressed or going to be and looking to be rented, I am in same situation, renting to a local seems a good idea, not sure where to start though..

I rented a confirmed reservation on a Facebook rental page.