theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Discovery cove without the dolphin swim? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1202930)

jojo_3596 2 Sep 21 11:08 AM

Discovery cove without the dolphin swim?

We have a 3 week super trip ( fingers crossed) next August. 2 adults 3 kids ( will be 16,12,10)
Already doing onsite at Disney and universal, then doing 11 nights in a villa. We’ll have more than enough to occupy ourselves over 3 weeks just with the universal/ Disney tickets- but never done DC/SW/ aquatics. Who know when we will get to Orlando again so thinking of adding a discovery cove visit in that includes the 14 day SW/ BG/ Aquatica tickets. To add the dolphin swim doubles the price! Is it worth a trip without the dolphins if it may be your one and only visit?

7SeasSailor 2 Sep 21 11:28 AM

Is it worth the trip? Only you can put a price on that. I've done it once and wouldn't do it again. The lead in time to the dolphin experience, the swim and the photographs means it can last for about an hour. The actual dolphin interaction time I don't believe is very long but seems adequate for what you do. You may have to share with another couple/family, but the delight on your children's faces when you look at the photos and reminisce might just be worth it to you. Book your visit in the first week incase the weather causes the day to be cancelled, this means that you have plenty of time left to rejig your diary and rebook.

°o°-Hannah-°o° 2 Sep 21 11:32 AM

Taking into account that you can eat and drink all day included in the costs, we think it’s well worth the price. We also go for the 14 day passes to seaworld and aquatica and next trip probably Busch too

muffa2308 2 Sep 21 11:36 AM

Been many times with and without the swim and TBH I prefer without. As the above has said all food and drink free. Put that with the admission for seaworld etc it's definitely worth it. I much prefer snorkelling with the sting rays to the dolphin swim

Sparksy72 2 Sep 21 11:49 AM

We have visited with and without the swim. We absolutely love DC and it is a ‘must do’ for us, it is great value when combined with the Seaworld/Busch Gardens/Aquatica and I don’t think you would be disappointed by not doing the swim. There is so much there to keep you entertained - we love the lazy river and you must get to the aviary early to feed the birds!

Tinkerbell 2 Sep 21 11:59 AM

Done with swim and will be doing without swim as the tickets uncle SW, Aquatica and Busch gardens 14 days unlimited. It's worth it for that alone

Trusty ian 2 Sep 21 12:35 PM

we too have done swim and non swim. more than happy to do non swim as theres pleny to do

sparklegirl 2 Sep 21 12:41 PM

I would not hesitate to do it without the swim. To be honest I actually ended up feeling a bit uncomfortable at the swim part and didnt do that. I ended up just meeting and being able to stroke the dolphin. Great day there though and well worth the money for the day and the extra park accesses.

Bee happy 2 Sep 21 12:47 PM

We've done both and enjoy just as much without swim. We've booked swim for next year just because special occasion.

Claudette 2 Sep 21 01:02 PM

We are planning to visit these parks for the first time next year. I haven’t even contemplated including a dolphin swim, there looks like more than enough to do without it.