theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Tickets (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Linking tickets from Virgin (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1132711)

Silver Arrow 12 Jun 19 12:15 PM

Linking tickets from Virgin

Just tried to link my tickets which were brought from Virgin to MDE and was having the same errors that a lot of people seem to be having, (saying incorrect reference number etc... ).

I got on to Virgin to sort it out and after about a week of email traffic they have come back this morning and told me I can’t link my tickets until 32 days before my departure (staying offsite so only 30 day FastPass).

Has anyone else ever been told this? Personally I think they’re fobbing me off
A bit surprising as everyone I have spoken to in the Virgin Holidays store has “just come back from Orlando” 🤥

Gipsy 4 12 Jun 19 01:44 PM

That’s correct. VH won’t release tickets until 30 days before unless you have Disney hotel booked with them too.

Weddingnyc 12 Jun 19 02:17 PM

Yep, we had the same last time - and will be linking at 32ish days soon ready for fast passes (also staying off site)

Silver Arrow 12 Jun 19 03:10 PM

Thanks for the replies.
Is it the same if I got the tickets from somewhere else and can I cancel my Virgin ones?

lyn1 12 Jun 19 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Arrow (Post 13898396)
Thanks for the replies.
Is it the same if I got the tickets from somewhere else and can I cancel my Virgin ones?

If you get the tickets from somewhere else I think you can link them straight away, but maybe someone can confirm this or correct me if I am wrong.

Not sure whether you can cancel the Virgin tickets you will have to contact them to find out.

Welcome to the Dibb :wavey:

Silver Arrow 12 Jun 19 04:05 PM

So am I right in saying that had I heeled the tickets through Disney directly or a 3rd party, I would have my ticket number now and be able to link them?

Guest 12 Jun 19 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Arrow (Post 13898470)
So am I right in saying that had I heeled the tickets through Disney directly or a 3rd party, I would have my ticket number now and be able to link them?

If you had bought from Disney, yes they would be linked up soon after purchasing. If you bought from a third party, well it would depend who that is, Virgin are obviously a third party other travel agents might be the same. I don't know about ticket agents, I have only bought Universal tickets from one of those, but I didn't get them until shortly before travel (which didn't matter for Universal).

lyn1 12 Jun 19 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Arrow (Post 13898470)

As far as I know as soon as you have the ticket from one of the ticket companies in the yellow banner at the top of the page, or another ticket company such as themeparktickets.co.uk [to name one], you can scratch the panel at the back of the ticket and link the number to your MDE account straight away. If you had an email from Disney with a reference number you should be able to link it to your MDE account straight away.

Silver Arrow 12 Jun 19 04:48 PM

Good to know, thanks people.
Lesson learned.

Weddingnyc 12 Jun 19 05:47 PM

Yes, you could have linked them up from another ticket provider. We cancelled our Disney tickets with Virgin in 2017, when they wouldn’t price match, and we bought from ATD. We got a good deal this time.
You would be able to link them, but still not make fast passes any quicker, so it’s all about the price for me.