theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Free DDP 2022? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1179639)

disney_daddy 5 Sep 20 12:38 PM

Free DDP 2022?

What are the odds do we think that free dining will return in April next year for holidays in 2022?

sha9 5 Sep 20 12:47 PM

It’s going to depend on so many things I don’t think anyone can even guess.

Mickie 5 Sep 20 01:44 PM

Not worth speculating on at the moment. That said I suspect it makes good sense for Disney. Their hotels are way overpriced compared to the competition but free dining levels that up a bit and has the benefit of keeping guests on site where they spend even more money! I’d expect them to continue it at some point, probably tweaked and maybe targeted even more to times of the year they want to encourage more guests.

tracey1302 5 Sep 20 05:12 PM

I am hoping so (and praying that it does as we want to book for September 2022)

My thought is that Disney attendance has been a bit rubbish since they reopened and they will want to try and attract guests back into the fold, particularly from the UK who tend to go for 2 weeks (with associated spending on site!)

I will be genuinely devastated if it’s not offered at all. I know that we could still go to Florida but the free DDP offer completely transformed our experience of Disney, for the better. I can’t imagine not staying on site and eating at places like Narcoossee’s and California Grill and ‘Ohana.

Staying at a Value and purchasing it is our plan B.

princess-momo 5 Sep 20 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracey1302 (Post 14635944)
I am hoping so (and praying that it does as we want to book for September 2022)

My thought is that Disney attendance has been a bit rubbish since they reopened and they will want to try and attract guests back into the fold, particularly from the UK who tend to go for 2 weeks (with associated spending on site!)

I will be genuinely devastated if it’s not offered at all. I know that we could still go to Florida but the free DDP offer completely transformed our experience of Disney, for the better. I can’t imagine not staying on site and eating at places like Narcoossee’s and California Grill and ‘Ohana.

Staying at a Value and purchasing it is our plan B.

they will want to entice people back into the parks but at the same time if they keep in place the having to book parks in advance it's perhaps going to get a bit messy.

I'm hoping for the DDP to return in 2022 because like the rest of you we love the DDP and like that it feels like it's 'free' I'm just hoping we don't see a massive price hike over the next few years on the hotel prices. The past few years the hotel prices just seems to keep climbing at a ridiculous rate.

1RGJ 5 Sep 20 07:16 PM

Disney restaurants are re opening, some as we speak.
I've seen Disney are worried about getting international people back in the parks.
If everything dies down, I firmly believe it will be offered for Dummer 2021.

princess-momo 5 Sep 20 08:12 PM

have they not cancelled alll DDP for 2021 though already...

sha9 5 Sep 20 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princess-momo (Post 14636139)

Yes but that doesn’t mean they can’t reintroduce them if it’s appropriate.

bronny 5 Sep 20 08:56 PM

Quote:

Yes they have. Both paid and free.

macadoo 5 Sep 20 09:31 PM

Quote:

They haven’t really cancelled ddp for next year ((they did for 2020 bookings), they just haven’t offered It when 2021 holidays went on sale.

If there’s a vaccine and travel resumes next year Disney will want to fill their hotels and parks again. They will need to offer something, if it’s not free dining then a decent discount.