theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   UK Holiday Planning & Days Out (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=246)
-   -   Center Parcs Longleat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1180934)

catherinesian 29 Sep 20 05:05 PM

Center Parcs Longleat

Just booked a midweek break (Mon-Fri) at Center Parcs as our China trip was cancelled. Went to CP as a teen but that was years ago, so excited :grin: just my OH and I going, staying in a 1 bed Executive Lodge

We will take our bikes with us, and get food shopping on the way, but is there any other tips / things we should take etc.

Can't wait to get in the swimming pool, I remember it being really awesome :D

traceylou1972 29 Sep 20 06:00 PM

Hi. We go to Centre Parcs at Longleat a couple of times a year, the last trip was on 11th September. You have to book your swimming pool slots in advance and we found the last sessions a lot quieter especially on check in day.
Recommend the bike treasure trail. Really good fun and not very expensive. Masks only had to be worn inside the dome and for a couple of days it felt very normal. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and looking forward to our next one in December.
Don’t forget your bird food. :thumbs-up

danisleigh 29 Sep 20 09:32 PM

We are due to go on Monday 19th for our first visit, hoping it all goes ahead as really looking forward to it.

catherinesian 30 Sep 20 09:02 AM

Booked 2 x swimming, electric boat hire, crazy golf, pool table and a couple of restaurants last night (Pancake house and Huck's).

Gosh some of the activities are expensive, we're lucky in that we are going for a bit of R&R and so didn't want to do much, but you could spend a fortune here as a family :erm: especially if you've already paid more for the lodge (lodge over half term is literally triple what we have paid... )

anna68 30 Sep 20 09:02 PM

Love long leaf, large and hilly but brilliant

catlady 13 Oct 20 02:27 PM

Currently at Longleat for a 4 night break in a 1 bed! It's lovely we are really enjoying it 👍. Lodge lovely. It is much more hilly then Elveden, my thighs are feeling it! 😂

Mr&Mrs4kids 14 Oct 20 08:07 AM

Love Longleat CP's, many fond memories taking the kids over the past 15 years, one of our loveliest was whilst we were there for the Winter Wonderland revealing to them that we were returning to WDW.

If you're going soon (over winter) don't forget to buy some of the burner log's for the fireplace if you have one.
A nice bird feed if you have a patio (I'm sure the Exec lodges do?)
A disposable BBQ if you fancy an al fresco dinner!
Not sure if they're still doing it, but highly recommend the afternoon tea at Cafe Rouge.
Longleat site is very hilly, but there is a free and regular land train that runs if you are wanting to rest your legs (and bottoms!) instead of cycling, not sure on how they are doing this during Covud-19 times...
Outdoor rapids ... what a blast! Enjoy!

catherinesian 14 Oct 20 12:44 PM

We are here now! Catlady hope you’re having a lovely time - we’ve got lucky with the weather haven’t we?!

We put bird seed out and are sat watching all the wildlife - so far we’ve had a variety or birds, several squirrels and a cat?! We saw some deer last night crossing the path by our lodge too :)

Thanks to everyone who said about the fire logs - we went to B&M and got them for £1 each, loving burning them at night whilst watching a film.

catlady 14 Oct 20 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catherinesian (Post 14679493)
We are here now! Catlady hope you’re having a lovely time - we’ve got lucky with the weather haven’t we?!

We put bird seed out and are sat watching all the wildlife - so far we’ve had a variety or birds, several squirrels and a cat?! We saw some deer last night crossing the path by our lodge too :)

Thanks to everyone who said about the fire logs - we went to B&M and got them for £1 each, loving burning them at night whilst watching a film.

Small world 😂 so lucky with weather :thumbs-up. Having a great break, really relaxing, we've also had a fire every night and watched a film! :d:

Dare I say we prefer it during these strange times! ;)

olivia 14 Oct 20 03:47 PM

We were there last week and a fab time, apart from the mask wearing we also preferred it to normal times. The pool was lovely, at one point we felt like the only people in it. The spa was a bit of a disappointment as only pool and hot tubs open and only 6 people allowed in pool so not a lot else to do in there.