theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Ohana - wait time? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1130014)

act1980 24 May 19 01:44 PM

Ohana - wait time?

I read on another thread that there is usually a 40 minute wait to be seated for breakfast & dinner at Ohana. Is that pretty standard these days? What if you check in 40 minutes before your reservation time, do you then get seated on time? I'm just trying to work timings out.

Thanks! :thumbs-up

louiseybobs 24 May 19 02:00 PM

When we've been we never get seated early, they usually make you wait your time.

Do you mean you get 40 minutes to eat your dinner? You can stay as long as you like really as it's all you can eat, we normally spend 1-1.5 hours there

act1980 24 May 19 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louiseybobs (Post 13863079)
When we've been we never get seated early, they usually make you wait your time.

Do you mean you get 40 minutes to eat your dinner? You can stay as long as you like really as it's all you can eat, we normally spend 1-1.5 hours there

Sorry, no I meant does it usually take 40 minutes to be seated? I had read that on another thread. I have eaten dinner there before bit I can't remember if we were seated on time or not :confused2

Shooby doo 24 May 19 02:33 PM

Any hold up would be the family in front of you, recent reports are that they are not "hanging about" & people feeling rushed. I have to say that very few ADRs have we been sat bang on time
SD:d:

onion2803 24 May 19 02:42 PM

I think it depends on the time of your reservation - ours was at 8.15 and many tables were refusing to leave so they could watch the fireworks, which meant none of us could be seated.

We waited an hour for our table but by this point there was a bit of a riot at the front desk as we weren't the only ones left waiting and some had children who'd fallen asleep. They told us the fireworks had been pushed back to 10pm in order to force the tables to leave but I cant see that being the reason for the delay, I think it was just luck!

We had a fab night once seated though, they really looked after us and made sure we all had window tables.

Edited to add...if you're staying at the Poly, it's much better to get the Twilight Feast delivered!

Lucyjane45xxx 24 May 19 03:25 PM

I would agree with the sentiment above, we had a table booked for 8.30 but we weren't seated until after the Wishes had finished because people were not leaving their tables. You might be alright if you book an earlier table

Miss_Tangled 24 May 19 05:09 PM

If Pete Werner is anything to go by, you'll be in and out in 10 minutes :nonono:

Themousefamily 24 May 19 05:27 PM

We were there last July and waited 45 mins (reservation was around about 7pm). Not booked for our trip this summer mainly because of this 😕

jdouds 24 May 19 07:49 PM

Hi over the last few years on DDP the longest we have waited is about 15 mins and we have never felt under pressure to finish.

BarryL 24 May 19 08:33 PM

Our last Ohana visit was April '18 and we had a 45 minute wait for a 10:30 breakfast ADR (checked in at 10:20). It was chaotic and presumably down to staffing levels as there were lots of empty tables when we were finally seated.