theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Galaxys Edge and DAS - our experience (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1143901)

jndt 31 Aug 19 08:46 PM

Galaxys Edge and DAS - our experience

We flew home on Friday 30th so we weren't going to attempt Smugglers Run with our autistic son - I did email Disney to ask if DAS would be available to use and they replied that it would. We were sat eating a late lunch at 2.30pm on opening day and saw the wait time was 105 minutes and the land was open so we hot footed it over to Hollywood Studios. We wanted to see the land really. The cast members were helpful and we got a return time for Smugglers Run. Off we went for a drink and to people watch and returned to ride.

The land was extremely hot that day - my son struggled with that more than the crowds but we were pleased to have gone and he coped reasonably well - he was pleased to go back to the hotel despite him being a huge Star Wars fan.

I hope that helps as I remember seeing lots of people asking about DAS while we were there but I couldn't log on on my phone as I'm not sure what my password is!

xXxSammi88xXx 31 Aug 19 09:11 PM

Thank you for this. Happy ds will now get to ride this :)

gismo1554 1 Sep 19 09:37 AM

Can I ask, did you go in a particular way to the ride once you got the DAS return time? I'm trying to work out light levels of the queuing area and how long it is if that makes sense? I struggle in low light levels so worried as travelling solo and don't want to get stuck in a really winding dark queue on my own as will have a panic attack and end up in tears. I usually get DAS due to my issues but just don't want to push myself if its going to be too harsh

jndt 1 Sep 19 12:28 PM

I think it was dimly lit - it was definitely a long winding corridor as there were only DAS in it so no wait really at the end but it was very long. I'll check with the rest of my family once they are awake.

annachief 1 Sep 19 06:21 PM

For all rides including this one you don’t actually have to go to the ride if you see any of the blue Disney experience team you can book it with them including smugglers run. We did this on our entry on Friday as I had a few fast passes booked elsewhere.

FloridaFi 3 Sep 19 12:01 AM

They seem to be using what will eventually be a fast pass queue line for DAS returns.

thingy003 3 Sep 19 03:52 PM

Did you get to see all of the "inside" of the Falcon or did you bypass it in the fastpass queue?

Minniemagoo 3 Sep 19 03:56 PM

Thanks for the update. Going next June and DD is a huge fan.

DJSwitch 3 Sep 19 05:19 PM

Thanks a lot for posting this. ASD in my party also and very pleased to hear this since there's no fast-pass option. Really appreciate you posting this. :)

lorrie36 5 Sep 19 10:13 PM

Autism in our party too, will make such an amazing difference to our visit, as the DAS always has.
Anything that helps my children have a calm happy experience is very welcomed by me 👌🏻👌🏻