theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   A few observations from Disney this week (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1138501)

RickT 27 Jul 19 02:22 AM

I'm here and fully agree.

We rode slinky dog this morning at rope drop but was way back in the line.
By the time we got to the ride entrance it said 110 mins. It took us 25mins from the ride entrance time until we boarded.

TSM - had a fp which took 30mins from checking in to boarding the ride.

Tour groups.. I don't really mind them until you get behind in a queue or close to them and they start chanting continously. I don't want to listen to their South American songs and crap.. It spoils it when you can't even hear your kids speaking.

BevS97 27 Jul 19 02:50 AM

We’ve found magic kingdom busy with crazy fast passs lines but the other parks have been ok. We have had a great morning in Hollywood studios today.

We arrived for rope drop and walked straight to toy story land and straight onto toy story mania. No queue at all. Then round to the flying saucer ride where we queued for maybe 5 minutes.

We then had a little wait before our fast passes so we tried the smore sandwich. Which was delicious, had a look around Walt’s dream, and then over to our star tours fast pass where we walked straight on. We then did muppets 3D with no more wait than usual, and over to toy story again for our slinky dog fast pass which was a total walk on (with a fast pass. The standby queue was about 2 hours).

Then we left the park at 12:30, feeling like we’d had a very good morning.

Guest 27 Jul 19 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisbon (Post 13978490)
We had to queue for half an hour in the fastpass queue for Splash Mountain.
I did say the park didn't seem that busy for July but the queues for the rides were horrendous
Rob

When we were there in February there was an incredible queue just to join / tap in for the FP line at Splash Mountain, it was so long I didn’t even realise it was a queue at first, it stretched all the way back to the shops. Once we tapped in though, the queue moved at the speed we expected it to.

It is disappointing to read updates like this, we also found the queues noticeably longer and extra FP very hard to get in February. But we have never been that time of year before so couldn’t really make a good comparison (although I vowed never February again).

blusteryday 27 Jul 19 07:39 AM

The only time tour groups have been bad for us is when we were on a boat ride and there were tour groups of kids from all different countries singing non stop the entire ride. What was really messed up is that they were all singing the same song but in all different languages. Worst still is that they are there every time I go on the ride, it's as if they are following me. Why is this world so small?

aqualiv 27 Jul 19 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claudette (Post 13978583)
When we were there in February there was an incredible queue just to join / tap in for the FP line at Splash Mountain, it was so long I didn’t even realise it was a queue at first, it stretched all the way back to the shops. Once we tapped in though, the queue moved at the speed we expected it to.

It is disappointing to read updates like this, we also found the queues noticeably longer and extra FP very hard to get in February. But we have never been that time of year before so couldn’t really make a good comparison (although I vowed never February again).

We were there April and had the same thing for splash mountain, I kept asking ‘is this the fast pass queue ‘
We ended up ditching our 7 dwarfs fp due to the queue to tap your band being so long without shade
MK we find we just walk round for ages trying to find something to go on - I go there for the food 😂😂

Cutiepie 27 Jul 19 09:03 AM

The FastPass queue for space mountain during our visit was also crazy, I was inside and the queue was almost at the entrance while the standby queue said 100 mins, that queue started nearly at the ride loading area. I think the queues were mixed up:omg: I was not impressed.

mickey house 27 Jul 19 10:34 AM

It's a shame to see the decline in Disney with regards cuts in staff, food quality and long wait times especially in fast pass lines.

In just 5 years Disney have increased all their prices by greedy amounts, and for instance an annual pass has increased by a staggering amount from $659 in 2014 to $1,119, and taking into account the poor exchange rate, it would cost us double to buy an annual pass than it did 5 years ago.

We are unlikely to buy disney passes ever again after this year because it's just not worth it to be in crowded parks with silly wait times, and being given the FP scraps if not staying on Disney property.

Tinkerbell 27 Jul 19 12:42 PM

We too noticed fast pass queues really long. One example was Winnie the Pooh ride. Fast past 30 minutes. Standby 45 minutes :erm:

There has to come a time when so many fastpasses are released that they simply become a second standby queue, where is the tipping point

happy08 27 Jul 19 03:36 PM

We have just got back. On Wednesday, Toy Story mania was closed to standby guests as the fast pass line was so long. We’ve never seen that before.

Floridatilly 27 Jul 19 09:15 PM

This is very worrying regarding the FP queue. We really can not queue for longer than 20 mins especially if it’s in the sun like at 7DMT
If we did not have the DDP we certainly would not pay Disney’s restaurant prices. We do a split stay and love the off site meals so we try to get the best of both worlds.
I thought this summer would be quieter with everyone hanging on and going when GE opens.
Every year has got busier and busier but we just love it so much!