theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   August 7 days in New York- The 3 of us Day 6,7 and 8 (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1065742)

Bella Girl 17 Feb 18 08:27 PM

Thank you for sharing. I have really enjoyed your reports.

We would love to go. Do you have any tips? Any advice on booking tickets?

dubletrub 18 Feb 18 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bella Girl (Post 13079865)
Thank you for sharing. I have really enjoyed your reports.

We would love to go. Do you have any tips? Any advice on booking tickets?

I booked through Expedia when there was a room sale on so I got a really good deal.
Check if the hotel you want to stay at has surcharges, some of them are a lot extra per night payable at the hotel.
Have a look at the passes and buy the one suited to the things you want to do. City Pass worked great for us.
It is a fantastic city to visit, hope you get there 😀

Minniebella 18 Feb 18 11:33 AM

Just read you trip report,thank you for writing.
We are off to NY in August and are also staying at the Kimberly😁I am very excited now!
Our two are a bit younger than yours at 6 & 7 when we go,it sure how they will cope with all that walking.

dubletrub 19 Feb 18 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minniebella (Post 13080749)
Just read you trip report,thank you for writing.
We are off to NY in August and are also staying at the Kimberly😁I am very excited now!
Our two are a bit younger than yours at 6 & 7 when we go,it sure how they will cope with all that walking.

You will love the Kimberly, such a nice hotel. There are subway stops near to the hotel and it is so easy to use, ideal if they get tired.

DisneyDaffodil 30 Mar 19 09:58 AM

Brilliant trip, enjoyed reading. You did the two things I fancied but didnít get to do in your last days. A Broadway show and the River Cruise. We went with our older son and his fiancťe as well as Georgia so we had to suit everyone. These will be done on our next visit (which Iím dying to book now after reading your report 😂 ) Book of Mormon looks brilliant so I think you made a great choice too, although Hamilton would be our first choice (not sure if tickets are any easier to get for this on Broadway yet though)

Thanks for writing the report 😀

dubletrub 1 Apr 19 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil (Post 13757356)
Brilliant trip, enjoyed reading. You did the two things I fancied but didnít get to do in your last days. A Broadway show and the River Cruise. We went with our older son and his fiancťe as well as Georgia so we had to suit everyone. These will be done on our next visit (which Iím dying to book now after reading your report 😂 ) Book of Mormon looks brilliant so I think you made a great choice too, although Hamilton would be our first choice (not sure if tickets are any easier to get for this on Broadway yet though)

Thanks for writing the report 😀

Couldn't get tickets for Hamilton but really enjoyed Book of Mormon, so funny.

dozy 2 Apr 19 07:12 AM

LOOKS AMAZING. we go in just over two weeks with our 23 year old and 11 year old

darbs 2 Apr 19 02:56 PM

Just read all your trip report, sounds like a great trip and has given me some ideas for our trip with our boys.
What was your breakfast from Ellens stardust diner... looks very colourful!


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.