theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Car Hire & Transportation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Car Hire Prices (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1201682)

Jakey Neverland 15 Aug 21 07:42 AM

Car Hire Prices

Obviously prices are through the roof, next year car hire for us will be over £2000.00. I just cannot pay that and wondered if anyone else has come up with better ideas?

Options that come to mind are Uber, buy a car, any better ideas?

Mr Tom Morrow 15 Aug 21 08:02 AM

Natalie.

Uber is an option as are Cabs and Public Transport. Buying a Car is not an option as you cannot register it without a permanent address.

The prices will drop as the fleets grow again and it's just a waiting game.

The key is research constantly, jump on any deal you can find as long as it offers free cancellation and be flexible on dates.

The prices are much more than I am comfortable with but I refuse to not hire a car. I have secured deals for the 3 Florida holidays we have already booked for next year and I also have car only prices set in stone for another 2 holidays. Now it may transpire I amend the dates for those latter 2 bookings but I certainly wont lose the bargain prices I have got. If necessary I will do add on rentals for a few days to plug any gaps.

Book early book often!:)

hellin family 15 Aug 21 08:10 AM

How long is that for? We are going for just over 3 weeks and our quote is 600ish. We emailed Andy at Discount Florida Car Hire for that quote. Previous to that the best quote I had was well over 1000.
Good luck.

sha9 15 Aug 21 08:18 AM

We’re also just going to wait and see. I was just checking VH who we got a good price for this year (cancelled) and even they are ridiculous but not only that, won’t even allow MCO as a pick up option for some reason.

I’m hoping as TM says that prices settle as things get a bit more back to normal.

sha9 15 Aug 21 08:25 AM

Hertz do seem to have their small premium SUV at a decent price and I would go ahead and book it but I don’t know if luggage space is enough for 4 of us. Especially on the return journey! Might suit someone though. Definitely if it was just me and my sister I’d go for it.

gjdjud 15 Aug 21 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sha9 (Post 15098975)
We’re also just going to wait and see. I was just checking VH who we got a good price for this year (cancelled) and even they are ridiculous but not only that, won’t even allow MCO as a pick up option for some reason.

I’m hoping as TM says that prices settle as things get a bit more back to normal.

Is that to do with the drop down box when searching? With VH website you have to type Orlando International Airport for the option to appear. I think once you finish typing Airport it should be there.

sha9 15 Aug 21 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gjdjud (Post 15099005)
Is that to do with the drop down box when searching? With VH website you have to type Orlando International Airport for the option to appear. I think once you finish typing International it should be there.

It’s not even coming up when I do that for some reason.

gjdjud 15 Aug 21 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sha9 (Post 15099006)

I just tried. Once you get to airport it appears.:)

sha9 15 Aug 21 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gjdjud (Post 15099005)
Is that to do with the drop down box when searching? With VH website you have to type Orlando International Airport for the option to appear. I think once you finish typing Airport it should be there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sha9 (Post 15099006)

I’ve just gone back in and you’re right, I think I just did Orlando Airport but you need the International too!

Prices still ridiculous :cry:.

JoJoBell 15 Aug 21 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellin family (Post 15098963)
How long is that for? We are going for just over 3 weeks and our quote is 600ish. We emailed Andy at Discount Florida Car Hire for that quote. Previous to that the best quote I had was well over 1000.
Good luck.

Same here Andy has given me a great price for next year

Maybe a bit up on pre covid prices but a whole lot better than from anywhere else