theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   Ontario And Quebec 2017: Day 19 - Maniwaki and Storms (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1040900)

Melbatb 13 Aug 17 02:37 AM

Ontario And Quebec 2017: Day 19 - Maniwaki and Storms

Yes - it was raining! Indeed, the rain and storms have been omnipresent today!

Early start for me - woke up at 6am with cramp in my foot! Ouch!

Breakfast was the usual toast/yoghurt/cereal!

We decided we would head into Maniwaki for a mooch!

It is like shopping 20 years ago! The bookshop had a lot of "tat" and not that many books and the department store seemed to have more staff than customers - though you could get virtually anything here - paint, DIY supplies, hunting guns and crossbows, a nice range of hunting inspired clothing and lots of fishing tackle! It was actually quite interesting!

After visiting Dollarama and the Canadian equivalent (I love these stores :D ) we hit the ice cream shop again! Calorie free of course!

Thankfully O's cone was not dropped into the vat of chocolate!

We got back and the heavens opened! Lots of rain and thunder!

J went fishing during one of the breaks in the rain! Nothing was caught - indeed he said he didn't see any fish - do they not like the rain?

O also braved the cold and went swimming! He said it was pretty nippy in the water!

F did a stop motion film with one of her AG dolls! And all the clothes she has made!

J tried fishing in the one man canoe - still no luck ;)

It rained on and off all afternoon! We were quite happy just to faff around and relax!

The makings of a sunset - this was about as good as it got!

I made an onion quiche and J barbecued sweetcorn. I will admit that the pastry case came frozen - I am not that much a domestic goddess on holiday!

F also made smores on the bbq! The first of the holiday!

It was still raining on and off! The lake has been quiet all day! There were some fireworks but I never managed to capture them on film - I saw them before I heard them!

The sun is predicted to return tomorrow!

app 13 Aug 17 02:55 AM

New Photo Added by Melbatb - 13 Aug 17 2:55 AM.

mick 13 Aug 17 09:40 AM

Shame you had so much rain:(

Joan :wave:

Jake71 13 Aug 17 10:21 AM

Those department stores that sell everything are so good for just browsing around.

Melbatb 14 Aug 17 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 12753494)
Shame you had so much rain:(

Joan :wave:

Hi Joan :wave:

It has apparently been a wet summer so as this was our first day that the rain has really dominated it isn't bad going! We still managed to have a good day and it was probably a good thing to have had a fairly restful day! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake71 (Post 12753572)
Those department stores that sell everything are so good for just browsing around.

You really could get anything house related and hunting related! Guess there is nowhere else to go!

Thanks for reading :)

WileyCoyote 15 Aug 17 05:47 PM

Ooh, wet day, pants , but you did make the best of it .
You know, I'm not sure I have ever had s'mores, that's a bit shameful really.
Fingers crossed it clears up tomorrow .

LuvPluto 15 Aug 17 09:46 PM

Shame about the rain. I do like watching a good storm though if I don't have to go out in it. O was very brave to go for a swim, don't think I'd have fancied it.

Melbatb 16 Aug 17 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote (Post 12760288)
Ooh, wet day, pants , but you did make the best of it .
You know, I'm not sure I have ever had s'mores, that's a bit shameful really.
Fingers crossed it clears up tomorrow .

I can live with the wet! Well for a day anyway ;)

Not a big fan of marshmellows so I don't really like smores! But F does so that is the main thing :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvPluto (Post 12760969)
Shame about the rain. I do like watching a good storm though if I don't have to go out in it. O was very brave to go for a swim, don't think I'd have fancied it.

O is a fish as well as a goat ;)

OB1LukeLucas 16 Aug 17 11:49 AM

Pleased to see the s'mores finally making a comeback😊 Shame about the rain!

Melbatb 17 Aug 17 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas (Post 12762279)
Pleased to see the s'mores finally making a comeback😊 Shame about the rain!

F would really like smores made on a real fire - but we are too lazy to make the fire :mad2:

I didn't really mind the rain - we probably needed a very relaxing day!