theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Uber to Port Canaveral from WDW (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1118956)

Merryweather17 6 Mar 19 06:50 PM

Uber to Port Canaveral from WDW

As the title says I am thinking of using uber to get from wdw area to the port, has anyone done this? can you give me an idea of price and the positives/negatives of doing this.

Thanks

Bats 8 Mar 19 12:17 PM

You're looking at between $50 and $70 for a standard car with 2 people and their luggage.

Bozza 8 Mar 19 12:25 PM

Depends on how big a car you need based on how many are in your group and how much luggage you have.

It’s what I’d choose if I didn’t have a car.

Bellasmummy 9 Mar 19 09:02 PM

We looked at this but it was cheaper to hire a car for the day.

We’ve paid £35 for a full size for the day.

Merryweather17 9 Mar 19 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy (Post 13726067)
We looked at this but it was cheaper to hire a car for the day.

We’ve paid £35 for a full size for the day.

We have considered this but I wasn't sure about tolls and if it would be an easy drive or not? we never hire a care out in disney as we stay onsite and use disney transport and taxi's to get around.

Bellasmummy 9 Mar 19 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merryweather17 (Post 13726143)
We have considered this but I wasn't sure about tolls and if it would be an easy drive or not? we never hire a care out in disney as we stay onsite and use disney transport and taxi's to get around.

It’s a really easy drive with no tolls that I can remember.

We also stay onsite and use wdw transportation and had no trouble navigating our way.

We collect from either Disney car care or dolphin and return to Port Canaveral then do the reverse or return to MCO.

It’s also nice to be able to stop on route to the port if you need anything ie sun cream

Bats 11 Mar 19 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy (Post 13726166)
It’s a really easy drive with no tolls that I can remember.

We also stay onsite and use wdw transportation and had no trouble navigating our way.

We collect from either Disney car care or dolphin and return to Port Canaveral then do the reverse or return to MCO.

It’s also nice to be able to stop on route to the port if you need anything ie sun cream

We also do 2 x one way car rentals, but although the base price is low, there are tolls to pay plus you have to refill with fuel so there is the added issue of finding somewhere suitable.
For people who just want ease, getting an Uber is definitely a good choice.
Joa

Merryweather17 11 Mar 19 05:45 PM

We also do 2 x one way car rentals, but although the base price is low, there are tolls to pay plus you have to refill with fuel so there is the added issue of finding somewhere suitable.
Joa[/QUOTE]

I am now giving careful consideration to hiring a car as this gives more freedom and it would be another adventure, are the tolls expensive?

Bellasmummy 11 Mar 19 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bats (Post 13729204)
Joa

I’m clearly not a very observant passenger 😂 as I didn’t remember the tolls.

We paid for half a tank of fuel up front and found it’s not much more that at a gas station. Meant we could return the car without filling up.

I think you can schedule Uber’s in advance, not sure but it works but I guess that would be a good option.

cheekydeeky 11 Mar 19 08:33 PM

We will be doing this in September. Neither of us have any inclination to drive on holiday so it’ll be Lyft for us.

Would be interested to hear from people who have done it.