theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   Quebec 2016 - On y va LIVE - Day 1 Messing Around On The Lake (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=972602)

Melbatb 31 Jul 16 01:55 AM

Quebec 2016 - On y va LIVE - Day 1 Messing Around On The Lake

The day started early - 4.30am early. DH was also awake and F turned up an hour later. The teenager didn't surface until 8.30am.

However breakfast was had at about 6am. French toast with nutella or honey. Plus lots of coffee.

A couple of pictures of the house - the lounge

The kitchen.

The climbing wall in F's bedroom - she climbs at the weekends so she loves this.

After a quick walk to suss out the lake access, we took a trip into the town of Saint Donat. This is the beach on one of the many beaches.

Then a first visit to a Canadian institution - Tim Hortons.

F was a bit low so was thrilled to have a maple syrup frappucino thingy - though she only had half as it was too sweet (years of not eating much sugar and all my baking having the sugar cut down has led her finding a lot of commercial things as being too sweet.) It did the job though.

O has a chocolate frappucino, DH a lemon meringue donut and I had chocolate timbits.

Then a visit to stock up at the supermarket - I love foreign supermarkets. We liked the Olympic branded Oreos but didn't buy any!

200 dollars later the fridge was stocked. I actually don't mind cooking on holiday.

After lunch we has a break before heading to the lake - a two minute walk. We have access to a private section with a dock and a canoe. The water was apparently a little cold!

Out in the canoe.

The view from the very wobbly dock.

Another trip into town to get some inflatables then the boys watched a film on netflicks (don't ask me what though - it seemed very complicated! )

After dinner F made smores - the bbq is very handy for melting the marshmallows.

A return trip was made to the lake with the newly blown up inflatables. As the sun was going down

it was a bit nippy in the water. We spotted our first beaver (or a "castor" perhaps - is that the French term? )

Back to the cabin and moving the kids towards bed.

It had been a lovely relaxing day. To be repeated!

app 31 Jul 16 02:22 AM

New Photo Added by Melbatb - 31 Jul 16 2:22 AM.

Beaker's Fluff 31 Jul 16 06:48 AM

Looks amazing. Beautiful house. We are looking forward to Tim Hortons, they look like they are everywhere. Can't wait to read along.

THE WIZARD 31 Jul 16 07:19 AM

Nous allons à québec chaque février.
We snowmobile across the lakes in winter - its pretty scary seeing the lakes we cross with the water instead of the ice tho!
Try the Vanille francaise coffee @ Tim Horton's & for me its always the Pomme Espices beignet & for DH the Boston Creme - lovely. If it wasn't for the mossie problem in summer we would move there to be able to snowmobile all winter every winter - fab place n fantastic people - enjoy

Floridasun 31 Jul 16 10:02 AM

Looks gorgeous. Have a great trip.

mick 31 Jul 16 12:11 PM

The lake looks gorgeous :spin: a climbing wall in the bedroom now that's different :pgig::pgig:

Joan :wave:

Melbatb 31 Jul 16 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaker's Fluff (Post 11853755)
Looks amazing. Beautiful house. We are looking forward to Tim Hortons, they look like they are everywhere. Can't wait to read along.

Timmy's are everywhere! The coffee is a bit :confused2 - especially as it either comes presweetened or not - no inbetween! The Timbits (chocolate) are my favourite!

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD (Post 11853792)
Nous allons à québec chaque février.
We snowmobile across the lakes in winter - its pretty scary seeing the lakes we cross with the water instead of the ice tho!
Try the Vanille francaise coffee @ Tim Horton's & for me its always the Pomme Espices beignet & for DH the Boston Creme - lovely. If it wasn't for the mossie problem in summer we would move there to be able to snowmobile all winter every winter - fab place n fantastic people - enjoy

We would love to cme in winter! We used to live n Munich so know about the -30C temperatures. In Banff it was super cold too - even in April!

The mozzies are too bad - last year we had hardly any and this year it seems ok. All the windows have nets at them so we can have fresh air without the nasty blighters!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Floridasun (Post 11854302)
Looks gorgeous. Have a great trip.

Thank you :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 11854708)
The lake looks gorgeous :spin: a climbing wall in the bedroom now that's different :pgig::pgig:

Joan :wave:

My DD loves it - we had to bring her climbing shoes with us! It really is so very relaxing here!

lottiesmum0 31 Jul 16 03:04 PM

Looks fantastic x

Melbatb 31 Jul 16 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lottiesmum0 (Post 11855139)
Looks fantastic x

It is :D Hope you are enjoying your holiday too!

Floridaagogo 31 Jul 16 10:29 PM

Ds would love a climbing wall in the bedroom !