theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   Quebec 2016 - On y va LIVE - Day 18 - Walks And Lac Edouard (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=976902)

Melbatb 17 Aug 16 02:05 AM

Quebec 2016 - On y va LIVE - Day 18 - Walks And Lac Edouard

After a good night's sleep, we had a leisurely start to the day. Bagels and coffee/juice were the breakfast offerings!

DH cleared the fire pit so we could have a fire tonight.

Then some trips down the rapids on the rubber rings. DD was definitely at an advantage being lighter.

My wildlife spot of the day! He didn't move very much.

We then went for a walk from the bottom of the ski station in La Tuque. You couldn't see much!

Though lots of different mushrooms.

At last a view over La Tuque. The weather was starting to get cloudier. It isn't the prettiest of towns - quite a lot of industry (wood being the primary one). It is the only town for over one hundred kilometres.

We realised after over 90 minutes pf walking that we weren't even a third of the way round (the map said 1h45 but that was obviously Olympic free-fell runners) and that time was ticking on. We didn't have DD's insulin with us either. We spotted a quick route down that conveniently led to Tim Hortons ;) so we took that option. Drinks were had all round.

We then walked back on the cycle path - still took 30 minutes.

After lunch back at the house we head out to Lac Edouard which seemed to be highly recommended in the comments in the guest book. Finding info online or at the tourist info office was not so easy. A copy of this map would have been useful ;)

DH said the drive was actually challenging even though it didn't look like it! The roads were undulating - they would bend and undulate at the same time - there were a few times when our stomachs went :D

We found the beach - it was deserted. To get there we went through the grounds of a derelict sanatorium. The kids were disappointed that there was no inflatable! However, we made our own fun.

Lots of messing around - as usual!

We made our way back to the house - past a mix of goats, llamas and a horse.

It started to rain as we came back- so we settled in for an Olympic fest coupled with a trip out to the hot tub.

It has been a relaxing day - lots of laughter!

app 17 Aug 16 02:39 AM

New Photo Added by Melbatb - 17 Aug 16 2:39 AM.

mick 17 Aug 16 04:00 AM

Another good day :spin: shame you missed out on the fire pit:(

Joan :wave:

THE WIZARD 17 Aug 16 07:17 AM

Loving the pics - great trip report.

Loopylooloo 17 Aug 16 07:20 AM

Riding the rapids looks fun! I love how you mention your breakfast every day - I am such a foodie! My boys would just love this holiday - so much exploring and stuff. Am going to run it past my soon to be 18 year old and see if he is tempted...!

Jake71 17 Aug 16 09:11 AM

What a lovely day, with a good walk and some fun in the water. Time in the hot tub is a perfect way to end the day.

Melbatb 17 Aug 16 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 11909599)
Another good day :spin: shame you missed out on the fire pit:(

Joan :wave:

The weather is better today so fingers crossed we can do it tonight! It rained a lot yesterday evening!

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD (Post 11909705)
Loving the pics - great trip report.

Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo (Post 11909711)
Riding the rapids looks fun! I love how you mention your breakfast every day - I am such a foodie! My boys would just love this holiday - so much exploring and stuff. Am going to run it past my soon to be 18 year old and see if he is tempted...!

Canada is such a wonderful place to visit - I can highly recommend it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake71 (Post 11909926)
What a lovely day, with a good walk and some fun in the water. Time in the hot tub is a perfect way to end the day.

The hot tub is fun! Eases my weary bones!

Thanks again for reading!

JoS 18 Aug 16 12:56 PM

Another lovely day, just a shame about the weather, but maybe you can have your fire tonight. You had fun and thats the main thing. Thanks.

Melbatb 19 Aug 16 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoS (Post 11913682)
Another lovely day, just a shame about the weather, but maybe you can have your fire tonight. You had fun and thats the main thing. Thanks.

We did :) Living in a place that can be very hot at this time of year, we don't mind slightly wet weather!

Bianca 22 Aug 16 01:39 PM

More messing about in the water.:thumbs-up

Another lovely day. :d: