theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   Kuala Lumpar 2016 LIVE - All By Myself: Day 2 - Still Travelling (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=991120)

Melbatb 29 Oct 16 02:47 PM

Kuala Lumpar 2016 LIVE - All By Myself: Day 2 - Still Travelling

A picture light day as I seem to have spent most of it in s tin can ;)

Boarding went as expected - the flight was full. We took off at about 2.15am. Even though it was the middle of the night they served the meal. I had a really yummy noodle stir fry. Unfortunately I forgot to take photos. The only thing wrong with it was there could have been more.

I managed to nod off on and off - probably got about 5 hours of sleep.

I watched "Lady in a van" which was ok. Breakfast was a rice and felafel thing - again very eatable.

I can't criticise Turkish Airlines. They were like the airlines of 10 years ago - free seat booking, proper meals and an amenity kit.

This was my first view of Malaysia. We landed on time, immigration was quick, my bag came eventually and I was in a taxi less than an hour after landing. The taxi was a fixed cost of 75RM - about 19 euros.

Check in was quick. Breakfast sounds strange - effectively curry bought to your room ;) We will see.

The room is small (literally the bed), has no drawers but is clean and has a bathroom. For 30 euros a night it is great.

It was now about 8pm - 7h ahead of the UK (8h tomorrow! ). I decided to head to the nearby mall - Berjaya Times Square to find somewhere yo eat that wasn't out of my comfort zone.

There were lots of options so I chose one that seemed busy.

I has a cold green tea.

With veggie udon noodles (it was a Korean restaurant)

With gimbap - they said it wasn't sushi but it was close ;)

And the accompaniments. The middle one was delicious. In fact the whole meal was.

It cost 22RM - 4.50 euros. I am pushing the boat out.

Feeling tired after a long 2 days (plus I haven't slept well for the few nights before) so have decided to hit my bed (well nowhere else to sit anyway! )

There has been a firework display - it us a holiday today so I am not sure if they are connected.

It is now 10pm. I think I will surf a little and hope to get to sleep about 11.

Thanks for reading - hopefully more interesting day tomorrow.

app 29 Oct 16 03:03 PM

New Photo Added by Melbatb - 29 Oct 16 3:03 PM.

christybell 29 Oct 16 08:46 PM

Yay...you have arrived :) I am in awe if this report and really looking forward to reading about your adventure :)

Have a blast

Loopylooloo 29 Oct 16 10:22 PM

Mmm yummy noodles! Glad you arrived safely x

Melbatb 30 Oct 16 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christybell (Post 12092348)
Yay...you have arrived :) I am in awe if this report and really looking forward to reading about your adventure :)

Have a blast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo (Post 12092591)
Mmm yummy noodles! Glad you arrived safely x

Thank you both! I managed to sleep now until about 1.30am then was awak until 3am but fell back asleep and was surprised to find it 8.15am when I next woke up!

New day, new adventure!

Jake71 30 Oct 16 08:58 AM

Your flights sound great and the food for dinner looked delicious. Can't wait for this adventure.

Melbatb 30 Oct 16 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake71 (Post 12093011)
Your flights sound great and the food for dinner looked delicious. Can't wait for this adventure.

Flying solo is easy as you don't have to keep anyone occupied ;)

The food so far has been delicious! And cheap!

stecee 30 Oct 16 04:31 PM

That's a lot of traveling you've done, let's hope it's worth it.
Gosh, the food is cheap, it looks lovely as well.

LN89 30 Oct 16 10:07 PM

Glad your traveling went smoothly and the food looked delicious :)

mick 31 Oct 16 12:40 PM

Good travel day:spin:bet your happy to have arrived and had a reasonable sleep and good food:d:

Joan :wave: