theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disneyland Paris Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   I haven't been worried about Coronavirus, but not sure whether to hold fire on booking (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1163575)

MK_club1987 7 Mar 20 10:05 AM

I haven't been worried about Coronavirus, but not sure whether to hold fire on booking

So looking to go mid June, ready for the opening of the new Marvel Hotel, DS loves Spiderman, and I have found a fantastic deal for the week of opening, like much cheaper than any other time, but I'm worried the longer I leave it the more prices are going to go up on both the hotel and Eurostar costs, also I've got the fact that I would be taking DS out of school (he'll have just turned 5), so it's all a bit of a worry as it does seem to be getting quite bad in France.

I know no one here can make the decision for me, but I guess I just had to write it down and maybe see what other people would do. :spin:

blusteryday 7 Mar 20 10:09 AM

Personally I'd book it with travel with the appropriate level of insurance cover. If the FCO state that France or Disneyland Paris are no go zones then I'd have the insurance to claim on.

Life has to go on.

On the plus side, the fewer people at DLP, the higher likelihood there is getting in Crush's Coaster :d:

kk20 7 Mar 20 12:13 PM

Id book. In fact we have just book a sun hol for July at a bargain price. We have annual travel insurance so no mention of virus in our old insurance. The only thing to stop us would be advice to not travel.

As for coronavirus, more people die and contract influeza each year. MRSA kill (or add to complications which is the major stat) more people in UK but you still go to hospital.

Gelatoni 7 Mar 20 02:43 PM

I think a lot of people hesitating on booking aren't worried about the virus, so much as the impact it could have with park closures. Insurance doesn't cover Disney closing, so i'd say book with FCO cover as normal so long as you'd be happy still going if the parks were shut.

I'm in this situation with Tokyo. It's closed but can't cancel at the moment as FCO advice doesn't advise against travel.

blusteryday 7 Mar 20 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gelatoni (Post 14322140)
I think a lot of people hesitating on booking aren't worried about the virus, so much as the impact it could have with park closures. Insurance doesn't cover Disney closing, so i'd say book with FCO cover as normal so long as you'd be happy still going if the parks were shut.

I'm in this situation with Tokyo. It's closed but can't cancel at the moment as FCO advice doesn't advise against travel.

If you book DLP through Disney and they close the park, it's odd on certainty they'd refund or offer a free reschedule.

kenville 7 Mar 20 10:28 PM

Quote:

I Insurance doesn't cover Disney closing.

Really? Why’s that if that is the package that has been booked?

sammykitten 8 Mar 20 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenville (Post 14322792)
Really? Why’s that if that is the package that has been booked?

Because it would only be if your hotel closed that insurance may cover it. If they just close the parks you can still use the hotel and so insurance wouldn’t pay up usually.

You’d have to check your insurance terms.

aj2703 8 Mar 20 05:56 PM

Quote:

As they (Disney) have made the decision to close, surely if they are closed on your travel dates you would be refunded by Disney. Flights would be the real loss in that scenario.

kk20 10 Mar 20 07:09 PM

Our annual insurance will cover hotel closure as grounds for holiday cancellation.

Gelatoni 10 Mar 20 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blusteryday (Post 14322331)
If you book DLP through Disney and they close the park, it's odd on certainty they'd refund or offer a free reschedule.

Yes if booked direct through Disney as a package, i can't imagine them not refunding as per what the Asian parks have done.

Insurance wouldn't kick in for park closure for any unrecoverabe costs outside what Disney would offer.