theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1000112)

SMAX 13 Jan 17 08:56 AM

Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon

inline imageRace Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon will officially open on April 6 in Universal Studios Florida.

You’ll be able to get the ultimate "Tonight Show" experience by getting up close and personal with the show’s most hilarious moments before taking off on a wild race through the Big Apple against Jimmy Fallon himself. Your race course includes New York’s biggest landmarks, sight, sounds, and even smells (New York City pizza)! But you’re racing Jimmy Fallon, which you know means surprises! So hold on tight for the wackiest race on earth.

"Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon" will be the first attraction to feature a Virtual Line experience at Universal Studios Florida.

You’ll be able to access this new system through The Official Universal Orlando Resort App or at kiosks located outside the attraction entrance. This allows you to virtually wait in line while still enjoying the rest of Universal Studios. When it’s your time, just head back to attraction, head inside, and get ready for the race of a lifetime.

gjdjud 13 Jan 17 09:17 AM

I'm guessing alongside Express passes? They must be a huge selling point for their hotels.

Friday'sChild 13 Jan 17 10:55 AM

Oh wow! Cant wait to try this out :grin:

StarFishUK 13 Jan 17 11:06 AM

I have to admit I've never heard of Jimmy Fallon, but to me this sounds a bit like "Jonathan Ross: The Ride" Just kind of weird and not very exciting. Or have I got this wrong?

mattscold 13 Jan 17 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarFishUK (Post 12212265)
I have to admit I've never heard of Jimmy Fallon, but to me this sounds a bit like "Jonathan Ross: The Ride" Just kind of weird and not very exciting. Or have I got this wrong?

No, pretty much sums it up.

TBH im not sure how the idea ever got further than planning as its such a mundane idea. Having said that, what i have seen looks pretty good, so i guess we'll see. Hoping for soft openings in March (doubtful i know)

floridasarah 13 Jan 17 11:33 AM

Our stay with Express pass is 4th and 5th April so hope they have a soft opening. If not we do have another day planned so if they have the vitual queue that will be good.

Moorlandman 13 Jan 17 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gjdjud (Post 12212116)
I'm guessing alongside Express passes? They must be a huge selling point for their hotels.

The virtual queue will be available to all guests

gjdjud 13 Jan 17 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moorlandman (Post 12212334)
The virtual queue will be available to all guests

Yes I understand that. I'm just wondering about Express passes in the future as SMAX posted this intially in a thread about this could be Universals answer to fastpass.

curlysue2 13 Jan 17 12:44 PM

The virtual queue thing is what they are going to introduce at Volcano bay with the Tapa Tapa band (Or what ever its called) so it looks like they are going to start rolling this out to the normal parks. I assume because it is a new ride they have designed it to work with this.
Still anything that stops you having to queue is good.

Unexpectedpenny 13 Jan 17 02:19 PM

I wasn't that excited about it but sounds like it'll be a good ride. Happy it opens before we get there. Transformers opened 2 days after we left before so thought the same would happen with this one!