theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Special Magic Bands... (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1158337)

miked1e 19 Jan 20 09:55 PM

Special Magic Bands...

Anyone please explain about the special magic bands...

We want these instead of the plain colour ones. However, every time I look the selection is limited, with ones disappearing.

How have people ordered in the past?

Any tips?

sha9 19 Jan 20 09:57 PM

You just have to keep checking back until one you like shows up. You can only do one order though so you have to wait until all your party have chosen before you order.

molly48 19 Jan 20 10:49 PM

We can't even look at magic bands. Just keep getting wreck it Ralph. We could see them at one point then disappeared.

Tretinker 19 Jan 20 11:07 PM

My advice is persevere, look as often as possible at different times of the day. Our best bet was around 8 am but around 11pm was good too. The ones we've finally bagged aren't everyone's first choice but they are happy.

I got everyone to pick 5 favourites from the list that I googled rather than asking there and then or hoping I chose the right ones. Some different ones came up though so it was still a bit of guesswork but I did offer the surprise option which everyone picked as a choice luckily :pgig:

Sometimes I had 1 or 2 bands but the others were oos so had to just wait and hope.

I still find the system a little odd and frustrating but I'm glad it's an option now so I won't complain ;)

sha9 19 Jan 20 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molly48 (Post 14249282)
We can't even look at magic bands. Just keep getting wreck it Ralph. We could see them at one point then disappeared.

I get the page on my laptop but not my iPad for some reason.

Guest 19 Jan 20 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molly48 (Post 14249282)

I get wreck it Ralph on my iPad and my laptop with windows. Can only get past it by using chrome on laptop.

discoclare 19 Jan 20 11:34 PM

I gave up when we went last August having tried for weeks. Can't believe that this isn't sorted yet! (sorry not helpful OP)

miked1e 19 Jan 20 11:37 PM

Thanks for advice...

So 1 order only... how long before trip / check in have people just gone for it?

Only started checking again (18 weeks out) but not much of a selection now.

LittleKezza 20 Jan 20 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tretinker (Post 14249304)
I got everyone to pick 5 favourites from the list that I googled rather than asking there and then or hoping I chose the right ones. Some different ones came up though so it was still a bit of guesswork but I did offer the surprise option which everyone picked as a choice luckily :pgig:

When you say Google, was that from the Disneystore? In theory, can you get any of the ones that are available for purchase, or will some always only be to buy from the store?

There are 4 we'd be okay with now, but not top favourites. We don't go until August so wondering whether to wait and see if we can get top choices!?

disneypars 20 Jan 20 08:55 AM

I go:
MDE
My plans
View room details
Scroll down to magic bands