theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Christmas (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   What is your christmas colour scheme? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1152934)

mandco 17 Nov 19 10:53 PM

What is your christmas colour scheme?

for me the main decs are red/gold I love other colours and an always tempted to try something new but when I have tried switching it up previous years it never felt right so sticking with the traditional colours again.

DD has gone with the blush pink with light golds that seem popular this year I must admit it is pretty but it hasn't really wow'd me

the boys have mini trees in their rooms and are sticking with sliver & blue / gold & green from previous years

cornishfrogboy 17 Nov 19 11:00 PM

We have a choice..

We can do silver and blue with white lighting.

We can do red and gold with red lighting.

Most of our baubles are clear glass so can be used either way.

This year, we have bought a load of M Mouse baubles from Primark, Blue ones, Red ones and the Advent calendar. Our options remain open!

I can even light the Lego Disney Castle in my lounge in any colour!

Gryff 17 Nov 19 11:00 PM

I'm doing buffalo checkmin red and black with galvanised metal and red accents I say modern farmhouse DH says pure Red Neck
The other tree will be what ever the grandkids throw at it

vampiress88 17 Nov 19 11:02 PM

Obviously Mickey Mouse so black and red with a little bit of silver

parkgirl 18 Nov 19 12:01 AM

I have been green and purple for a couple of years in the living room and blush in the kitchen/diner. We don’t decorate anywhere else.

archibald 18 Nov 19 12:31 AM

All of the colours and all of the things. We've probably been putting some of the same stuff on the tree for about 20 years. I don't do tree fashion - occasionally buy things that I like, but no flamingos or llamas or christmas trees on vehicles etc. I need stuff to last for another 20 years!

archibald 18 Nov 19 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gryff (Post 14176161)
I'm doing buffalo checkmin red and black with galvanised metal

Because I have no idea of tree fashion and popular culture I've just googled 'buffalo checkmin' to see what it is. It is, dear reader, a typo - I'm sure it should be 'buffalo check in red and black' as all that I found for buffalo checkmin was some rather dull research articles.

You're welcome ;)

Gryff 18 Nov 19 03:01 AM

Yes it's buffalo check in red and black
It can also be used for black and white/ cream or grey and white sometimes know as check or gingham depending n the fashion
I typed it by the pool while drinking hot choclate so cold fingers it's cool here in Florida right now
My dyslexia doesn't help at times when I read something back as In my mind it looks right
Sorry about that

ERICSMUM 18 Nov 19 03:19 AM

I have the usual red, green and gold tree, garlands in the mantel piece etc. But I have 3 ‘themes’ that I like to add to every year.

I have a collection of nutcracker soldiers in different sizes and colours which I arrange on the porch sideboard.

My small collection of snowmen (metal, wood, glass etc) sit on the living room bookshelves.

My reindeer collection is my pride & joy. They spend Christmas in the bay window and I love to see them glitter from nearby fairy lights.

Gryff 18 Nov 19 03:36 AM

Eric's mum saw some lovely vintage reindeer in Michaels just like my mum had big sis nicked them years ago and I bought a galvanised one in Walmart this afternoon
DIL bought some lovely nutcrackers in sea World this last week she
Is doing when ballet meets panto as her theme this year so,it's white silver pink rose gold and gold sparkle and feathers it will be a beautiful
Magical winter wonderland
think Cinderella Swan Lake nutcrackers Aladdin etc