theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   Did we mention we like a drink? Pre-Travel Day August 18 (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1093976)

feelingnuts 9 Aug 18 11:56 PM

Did we mention we like a drink? Pre-Travel Day August 18

Sorry today there isn't many photos.

I slept well considering and we were all off to work and holiday club as normal today before our taxi which was booked for 4pm.

Fortunately work was fairly uneventful but was busy enough to go quickly and before I knew I was home and getting changed. The taxi arrived on time with 3 of the others in it and we had an easy drive to
Birmingham airport.

We hadn't been able to check in online for our Flybe flight to Glasgow due to an issue with the names and when we did check in the guy was really miserable and managed to sit the 3 of us separately the fight to Glasgow is only 55 minutes so I wasn't overly bothered I just thought he could have been more helpful. All checked in we headed for security my bag got stopped and a can of deodorant removed for being too big so back it went through the scanner it was rejected again this time for a Nintendo ds so back through it went again and finally I was on my way we all headed for a few drinks and then to Giraffe for food.

Giraffe was cocktail time I went for the mango mule it was lovely and Rach has the pineapple silver a rum cocktail which she enjoyed, the food was really good and there was 6 clear plates. As you can see in the photo DH went for the burger and was very impressed I had the half chicken and rice and Rach had the Katsu curry, children had burger and chicken and wedges we all loved it. At this point we realised our flight was delayed so we headed back to the bar and for a wonder round the shops.

I brought Riley the new Barcelona kit he was very happy it's luminous yellow so we won't be losing him the day he wears that. Finally our boarding gate came up.

We boarded the plane around 8.15 and fortunately when I said to Riley you sit here and mommy will be here the row in front the guy next to Riley immediately offered to move which I was very grateful for. One hour late we finally took off on a tiny plane to Glasgow it was a quick flight with the only event being the plane dropping suddenly at one point and everyone gasping. I grabbed a little nap I think the amount of alcohol we had drank at the airport was catching up with me and Riley watched a film on the iPad so I didn't hear a peep from him.

We landed at 9.30 one hour later than our original landing time collected our bags and headed for the premier inn walking the wrong way for a few minutes so I wasn't popular but we were soon checked in and meeting 3 more of there others. All reunited we've had a laugh a few more drinks and arranged to meet for a premier inn breakfast in the morning before checking in around 10.30 for our flight to MCO.

Our friends did the premier inn meal deal and said the food was excellent, rooms are standard premier inn our stay was around half the price of booking the holiday inn at £60 so I would recommend staying here.

app 9 Aug 18 11:57 PM

New Photo Added by feelingnuts - 9 Aug 18 11:57 PM.

adrian-sara 10 Aug 18 05:22 AM

Looking forward to reading more

Jedi Princess 10 Aug 18 05:46 AM

Great start to your report👍

mick 10 Aug 18 09:46 AM

Great start :spin:

Joan :wave:

Karababe 10 Aug 18 09:54 AM

Great start,

Have a great time xx

Jake71 10 Aug 18 01:31 PM

A good start to the holiday, although the check-in guy could've been a bit happier. Thankfully the other passenger offered to swap seats.

Cinderella 10 Aug 18 08:22 PM

Great start!

Floridaagogo 10 Aug 18 09:11 PM

Looking forward to this x