theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Car Hire & Transportation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   2 children car seat hire help! (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1112599)

Laing 14 Jan 19 12:39 PM

2 children car seat hire help!

Hi we have a BA fly drive and require 2 car seats for 2yr and 5yrs we there for 20 days this works out at $560 for the trip to rent a two seats does anyone know if I can buy online and arrange delivery to Avis or is the fact or having to haul them from the UK ?

Any advise would be very much appreciated

Thank you

Mr Tom Morrow 14 Jan 19 12:43 PM

I'm not an expert on Avis but my understanding is if you deal with them direct the cost is:-

USD 13.00 per day
Max. $65 per rental

Those figures are per seat.

Tel 1-800-230-4849 with your booking reference number.

Laing 14 Jan 19 12:53 PM

Great thank you

Hibby70 14 Jan 19 08:18 PM

We've got a Bubblebum car seat which we used for Uber on our last trip. Hiring a car this time round so had planned to use it from the airport and pick up a proper backed booster on the way to the villa.

Anyone know the best chain to get one from - eg Walmart, target etc

Zomax25 14 Jan 19 08:22 PM

I would NEVER hire a car seat. Buy a cheap one and take it with you (the hires ones will be cheap). All airlines allow car seats for kids free. We even take for our eldest, who was 8 last time.

Gadge 14 Jan 19 10:27 PM

We took two car seats with us..what hassle if was.

Tip 1 - get a bag to put the seat in, they are on Amazon for £5 or so but make it easier to drag around.

Tip 2 - take some string or bungee cord or something you can use to tie the seat bags from tip 1 to the airport trolley since the trolleys are pretty small

LLamb 14 Jan 19 11:25 PM

We always take our own, this year we have 6 and 2 year olds.
2 year old is rear facing here so we take her seat. I have a Trunki booster pack for my 6 yo. He is unbelievable 132cm so almost doesn’t need a seat.

I have a big orange car seat bag that has rucksack straps on it. I’ve pimped it up this year and added wheels to make it an it easier to move about. Dh will be happy 😃
Tbh it’s not that much hassle and I would rather them have their own seats that they are comfortable in.

LLamb 14 Jan 19 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hibby70 (Post 13643553)
We've got a Bubblebum car seat which we used for Uber on our last trip. Hiring a car this time round so had planned to use it from the airport and pick up a proper backed booster on the way to the villa.

Anyone know the best chain to get one from - eg Walmart, target etc

Either, have a look on their websites first. Target will let you know which ones are in stock and a particular store.

Eccle 14 Jan 19 11:31 PM

We take our own too. On our last trip the two who needed car seats were 6 and turning 2, we got a more lightweight seat for the 2 year old one as his normal one is a bulky isofix, and managed to fit that and the high back booster in one car seat bag. It meant I was happy with the seats we had and we knew how to fit them properly

Stevelovesfl 15 Jan 19 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laing (Post 13642861)
Hi we have a BA fly drive and require 2 car seats for 2yr and 5yrs we there for 20 days this works out at $560 for the trip to rent a two seats does anyone know if I can buy online and arrange delivery to Avis or is the fact or having to haul them from the UK ?

Any advise would be very much appreciated

Thank you

I am about to book with Avis for a trip in March and for 17 days car hire on Avis it's coming out at £50.96 each.

We will take one for my youngest as he is rear facing still. I am probably going to buy one from Wallmart for my 4 year old and bring it back home as it would be handy to keep in the grand parents car. We are staying a night at the airport so I can pop out, pickup the car and get one locally.

https://www.walmart.com/search/?cat_...hProductResult