theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Akershus (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1112612)

Littlelufs32 14 Jan 19 02:29 PM

Akershus

Hi

I'm looking for opinions on Akershus please.
Is it any good/worth it? I've read a few off putting reviews on trip advisor.

I'm not sure I fancy the menu either but my daughter would love to see the princesses.

Do the charactors come out for lunch and dinner too or only breakfast?

Thanks 🙂

WhereIBelong 14 Jan 19 02:55 PM

Have only been for breakfast - was lovely.

Food was fantastic - mix of continental buffet and hot food served on platters to the table - so the kids could eat their fill of pastries and yoghurt and fruit -and I could have bacon and sausage!

Princesses - and their interaction with all the kids was second to none. Don't know which ones you get now - they were on rotation when we were there a few years back, but there was a photo op with Belle, we saw Snow White, Sleeping beauty, Mulan, Jasmine - and they all talked and sang or did a little dance and my girls had such a good time.

Bloomin pricey, but still remembered.

webby3 14 Jan 19 03:13 PM

We loved it when we went for breakfast in 2017, our favorite character meal. Have booked again for May.
yes its pricey but for us it was worth it, my 6 year old daughter was in heaven.

mickeyspal 14 Jan 19 03:24 PM

We went in Oct , characters spent ages with the kids at the table. Food was good , I would book again

LLamb 14 Jan 19 03:53 PM

We have only done dinner. Food wasn’t particularly to my choice but it was actually not bad.
Princesses were amazing, some the best interaction we have had. They spent ages at our table and made a big fuss of our son. Worth it even if you just go for the princesses.

Littlelufs32 14 Jan 19 06:00 PM

Thanks everyone.

It sounds better then expecte.

I'll try and squeeze a sneaky breakfast in then 😉

WhereIBelong 15 Jan 19 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Littlelufs32 (Post 13643302)
Thanks everyone.

It sounds better then expecte.

I'll try and squeeze a sneaky breakfast in then 😉

I think that is exactly it - the interaction in particular was much, much better than we expected. A lovely surprise.

Pez01 15 Jan 19 01:19 PM

Really like the breakfast here... they bring a platter of the usual breakfast stuff (bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs and a cheesy potato rosti which was fit) but they also have a really good buffet with pastries, fruit, cereal and a really tasty fish bit with smoked salmon, cheese, pickled herrings and other Norwegian type stuff which I really enjoyed.

The princesses do come around a lot and I found it was not as rushed as Cinderella's Royal Table.

You get to meet Belle on the way in and they have a photopass photographer there.

They also get the kiddos up and do a parade around the restaurant.

Just checked my photos from July - we saw Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora and Ariel.

caitlinsmummy 15 Jan 19 01:54 PM

We went for breakfast and really enjoyed it, it's essentially a buffet but they bring plates of Mickey waffles, eggs, potatoes, sausage and bacon to the table and refill them whenever you want more. The food was nice and the character interaction was good too xx