theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Car Hire & Transportation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Easter 2018 car hire (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1057230)

Guest 6 Dec 17 11:16 AM

Easter 2018 car hire

Why are prices for next year suddenly so expensive? I’m kicking myself I didn’t book a 12 seater passenger van at £895 a few months ago when I saw it - same thing now £1535 so best option at moment is 2 vehicles as 2 of our party are leaving early. Is £751 for a 7 seater for 20 days with Europcar including all excesses a good price? We are going from and returning from Miami.Then a focus for my brother for just over a week at £240 picking up at Miami dropping off at Tampa. Plus the extra parking costs at the theme parks of course! 😫

Mr Tom Morrow 6 Dec 17 01:05 PM

Supply and demand in action sadly. Plus factor in known busy periods such as easter etc and you have a perfect storm
It's the old story. Book early and use a company that offers free cancellations.

We are doing a sneaky 8 night break in March. I paid £240 and thought that was dear. Now it's double that everywhere.
But for our other 3 trips out there I booked as soon as the dates were loaded on by Alamo Brits. Saved big money.

Edit. If you give me your exact dates for a 12 or 15 seater I will have a look but I am popping out for 2 hours.

Guest 6 Dec 17 01:12 PM

I need it 24 March 5pm -12 April 7.30pm from/to Miami international.

Guest 6 Dec 17 01:12 PM

Thank you!

Mr Tom Morrow 6 Dec 17 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cjones (Post 12969138)
I need it 24 March 5pm -12 April 7.30pm from/to Miami international.

That's going to cost! Your times are outside of the norm, you should drop it back before or at the same time you collect it or they can hit you for another day's hire.

Mr Tom Morrow 6 Dec 17 02:51 PM

OK
Alamo Brits - Cheaper to buy a house!
Virgin - Not showing a 12 or 15 seater
Andy - Similar to Brits
Netflights - Even more expensive than Brits.

I think you have missed the boat and need to drop to plan B with 2 x vehicles sadly.

DFCH-Andy 6 Dec 17 04:07 PM

I've got the price of £890 for a 12 seater but thats with Dollar :omg:. Budget is coming back at £1,120.

Guest 6 Dec 17 05:10 PM

Andy where is the £890 price? Is Dollar bad? It used to be the one everyone used years ago, what insurances has that got?

DFCH-Andy 6 Dec 17 06:41 PM

It's through myself... I just don't list Dollar on my site as I'm not a fan (v expensive toll system, staff who constantly try and add extras but then that's the same with any of them, trying to upgrade although that's not really an issue for a 12 seater). All the required insurances included so nothing to pay locally. If you want to drop me a quick email I'll send you through the details.

Guest 6 Dec 17 07:13 PM

Awesome Andy. Thanks.whats the email or is it visible somewhere I’ll look..