theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Hertz additional drivers? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=270443)

Bellestar 31 Jan 09 11:39 AM

Hertz additional drivers?

Hi All,

I've booked a car with hertz and I was looking around on the web for the cost of additional drivers, I found a link with some of Hertz T&C's on which state if you are a member of the Hertz #1 gold club your spouse/partner is covered on the agreement (aslong as you live at the same address). I was just wondering if anyone has come across this? I don't mind doing the driving but if this means I can have the odd refreshing cold one then great!

Thanks in advance.

Howard

This is a copy from the page...

Authorized Operators

Acceptable Authorized Operators age 25 and older are automatically covered on the Rental Agreement.

Authorized Operators are:
- The employer, employee or fellow employee of renter on company business, (when booking includes company Corporate Discount Number).
- The renter's spouse for rentals that originate in California, Nevada or New York.
- The spouse (including partners in Vermont Civil Unions) or domestic partner of Hertz Number One Club, Number One Club Gold or Platinum members.
- Authorized Operators do not have to be present at time of rental.
- There are no fees for Authorized Operators.

Additional Authorized Operators
- Individuals not automatically covered on the Rental Agreement as Authorized Operators noted above may be signed on as an "Additional Authorized Operator" (AAO). AAO's must be present and may be signed on to the rental agreement at the time of rental or during the rental at any US corporate location.
- An applicable driving record verification will be performed on the AAO.
- Renter and each AAO must be present to sign Rental Agreement, present an acceptable credit card or debit card (if renting city accepts debit cards) in their own name, or a current round-trip ticket (air, train or bus), show valid driver's license, and must be a minimum of 25 years of age.

:thumbs-up :thumbs-up

jules_ni1 31 Jan 09 12:07 PM

I am booked with Hertz and they told me that I could add my husband to the booking on arrival for around $50 for the 3 weeks we are there for, which is pretty cheap I thought.

Bellestar 31 Jan 09 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jules_ni1 (Post 3116368)
I am booked with Hertz and they told me that I could add my husband to the booking on arrival for around $50 for the 3 weeks we are there for, which is pretty cheap I thought.

Hi that is good, i have just spoke to them and as we are part of the Gold club the wife can go on free of charge..so thats good too...have a great holiday :wavey:

jules_ni1 1 Feb 09 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellestar (Post 3116617)
Hi that is good, i have just spoke to them and as we are part of the Gold club the wife can go on free of charge..so thats good too...have a great holiday :wavey:

How do you join the gold club? Do you think if we could join we could add him for free or do you have to quote a number or something on booking.

Have a great holiday too!

Bellestar 1 Feb 09 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jules_ni1 (Post 3119248)
How do you join the gold club? Do you think if we could join we could add him for free or do you have to quote a number or something on booking.

Have a great holiday too!

Hi we joined about 18 months ago when we started booking directly with them. We have a special rate with them as we are part of the Gold Club...

tonymc 2 Feb 09 02:05 PM

Quote:

Excellent news. I've been a member of the #1 Club (Gold) for some time, but wasn't aware of this. Last time it cost around $30 to add DW as a named driver, but hopefully for free this time.

May well be joining you in one of those refreshing cold ones!

Cheers.

Guest 2 Feb 09 03:32 PM

Quote:

Who did you speak to as I've never got Hertz to state that DW could be added free as a authorised driver.

I've used this a few times as I'm a #1 club gold and there has never been an issue once you get to MCO.

However if you look at the T&Cs for an actual MCO booking, the part about a spouse isn't there and every time I query it they haven't confirmed it.

As you have to wait until the rental desk to add additional drivers, I've just left it.
Got to MCO and had DW added with no charge.

Guest 2 Feb 09 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakey rowling (Post 3123645)
Who did you speak to as I've never got Hertz to state that DW could be added free as a authorised driver.

I've used this a few times as I'm a #1 club gold and there has never been an issue once you get to MCO.

However if you look at the T&Cs for an actual MCO booking, the part about a spouse isn't there and every time I query it they haven't confirmed it.

As you have to wait until the rental desk to add additional drivers, I've just left it.
Got to MCO and had DW added with no charge.

Hi,
Sorry to jump in on your thread! :blush: ... my question is sort of answered... as I was going to ask if it had to be done in advance or at rental desk... but when i booked car i had to put in DH license no. in online does mine have to be done in advance or is it ok to show it at desk for my name to be added free of charge? :confused2
( we are #1 gold club members) Thanku :wavey:

PS. We only have the pink paper licenses with no photo are they OK?

tonymc 2 Feb 09 07:42 PM

Hi,

E-mailed Hertz to check if this was applicable to UK bookings, and it appears only to be for US customers:

Thank you for contacting us regarding your Gold Membership.

I can confirm that it is not free of charge to add your wife as an Additional Driver to your rentals. This works in for our US Customers as they pay for the membership.

I hope this has been helpful to you, and we look forward to serving you soon.

Yours sincerely,
UK Customer Services Department

However, when I added DW in 2007, we were told that there was a maximum charge per rental for additional drivers. If I recollect it correctly, we paid an additional $30 for 14 days.

Guest 3 Feb 09 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonymc (Post 3124526)
Hi,

E-mailed Hertz to check if this was applicable to UK bookings, and it appears only to be for US customers:

Thank you for contacting us regarding your Gold Membership.

I can confirm that it is not free of charge to add your wife as an Additional Driver to your rentals. This works in for our US Customers as they pay for the membership.

I hope this has been helpful to you, and we look forward to serving you soon.

Yours sincerely,
UK Customer Services Department

However, when I added DW in 2007, we were told that there was a maximum charge per rental for additional drivers. If I recollect it correctly, we paid an additional $30 for 14 days.

Ok Thanks 4 info... wil wait n see when we get there! Not sure i really wanna drive anyway... ! (then i can have the cold one ! hichic! ) :d:
( may c u at rental desk if our plane catches up with yours ! )LOL :D :D :wavey: