theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Anti climax before holiday (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1138488)

whlparkstone 26 Jul 19 07:28 PM

Anti climax before holiday

Please tell me that this happens to others?

I put so much work, thought , time and effort into funding and planning my holidays, and then the minute they are here I struggle to get excited. Maybe I build it up too much? Maybe I am worried that something will go wrong, maybe I over plan.

I have had 2 g&t’s In the hope it will help me relax... maybe I should have made them doubles 😂

scojos 26 Jul 19 07:43 PM

Nope. I have felt the same for days been researching and planning for months...

Big Jim 26 Jul 19 07:52 PM

I'm always the same, even to the point that I think I no longer want to go! I think it's an anxiety thing but once I'm at the airport and through security I start to chill out

whlparkstone 26 Jul 19 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Jim (Post 13978065)
I'm always the same, even to the point that I think I no longer want to go! I think it's an anxiety thing but once I'm at the airport and through security I start to chill out

I suffer so much with anxiety, so this could be the case.

scojos 26 Jul 19 08:00 PM

I am also on medication for anxiety.
Its more my ibs is flaring.
Everything is ready except my nails are being done tomorrow.
I just keep cleaning cos it keeps my brain busy lol

whlparkstone 26 Jul 19 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scojos (Post 13978078)
I am also on medication for anxiety.
Its more my ibs is flaring.
Everything is ready except my nails are being done tomorrow.
I just keep cleaning cos it keeps my brain busy lol

I was booked in to have my
Hand and feet done today and I got a message 45 minutes before to say the girl had gone home Ill. Spent ages ringing around but couldn’t get booked in anywhere. It’s not a big deal but I am really disappointed.

LexiBantam 26 Jul 19 08:46 PM

I am exactly the same, in fact I almost posted this today. I’m sure once you’re there you’ll have an amazing time. Forget about your nails, have another G&T, and have an amazing time xx

taylaboo 26 Jul 19 09:30 PM

Yup! Once everything is done I start getting anxious wondering if everything will be ok. Mostly whether or not the key code for the villa will work. I'm already having Florida nightmares. Probably due to the heat and not sleeping properly. Once I lock the front door and climb into the minibus to the airport the anxiety disappears and the excitement returns.

geggsthepeggs 26 Jul 19 09:39 PM

I feel exactly the same - though I would describe it as homesick before we've even left home! That makes me feel terrible because I know how lucky we are to be going, but you can't help feeling it regardless!

scottishnellie 26 Jul 19 09:42 PM

Every. Single. Time.

Always have a total meltdown the night before we go. Right to the point of crying and not wanting to go.

Yet I’ve never suffered with stress or anxiety in my life. Bizarre.